Gluing the cast lip system question

Submitted by Hedhuntr on 5/24/05 at 3:54 PM. ( ) 67.84.145.169

I was wondering if there is anything else other that crazy glue based instant bonding gules that will give you an almost instant bond when doing the cast lip system from McKenzie? I have heard George's take on crazy glue type adhesives and have to agree with him on the fact that they crystlize or get brittle over time and it seems to get worse when used with plastic of any kind. I also heard allot of people like the Epo-Grip 90 sec. glue but I would like something faster for doing the cast system. Terryr sais someting on excelerators, any one care to give some input or have any special secrets on gluing the cast lip system?

Return to Gamehead Taxidermy Category Menu

Headlock Epoxy and Superglue

This response submitted by Brock Harness on 5/24/05 at 4:40 PM. ( ) 66.139.173.23

I have done a few bobcats with the cast lips and nose and really like the results. The way I do it is put Headlock 2 part epoxy right up to the lip and nose line back about 1/16 of an inch. Then go ahead and use super glue but just on the very edge and just enuff to keep the skin in place while you do the whole face. Give the super glue a few minutes to set then gently rub the skin forward toward the lip line. This should push the epoxy right up against the lip line. I always let my bobcats dry for about 3 weeks before I finish them and have never had one pull loose yet. I would say George is right about the super glue because it would be so thin it could not have allot of holding power from such a small application. This is just what works for me and I'am sure other people have good techniques also. Hope this helped.

Return to Gamehead Taxidermy Category Menu