Knife Sharpener (paper wheel)

Submitted by J Best on 10/24/05 at 9:54 AM. ( ) 69.179.4.251

I tried one of the paper wheel sharpeners this weekend to see how it would work, and thought I would pass along the good news to you all. It works great! I couldn't believe the edge that it put on my knives, and also worked to touch up used scalpel blades. It is the wheel system that you mount on a bench grinder. You apply a little buffing compound on the wheels, and turn the grinder on, then lightly rub the knife edge across the wheels. One wheel is for getting your edge back, and the other wheel polishes and finishes up the task. Anyway, for any of you that are looking for a great sharpener, you should try one out.

Return to Gamehead Taxidermy Category Menu

Yes,

This response submitted by Frank on 10/24/05 at 12:19 PM. ( ) 69.218.45.146

They work great. The only problem I have had with the paper wheels is my wife complains that it gets the kitchen knives toooo sharp for her. I don't think I would trust her in the skinning shed.Good Hunting!

I have a question

This response submitted by DaveT on 10/24/05 at 12:58 PM. ( ) 24.32.86.13

i also have one, but when i try to recondition the abrasice side it comes off in flakes when i try to use it? It says t use glue and the coarse abrasive that came with it. Am I doing something wrong? Thansk for any help.

Dave T

Dave T

This response submitted by Frank on 10/24/05 at 2:28 PM. ( ) 68.76.110.158

Dave if I remember right I take the edge of a old file and like scrape clean all of the old abrasive off with the wheel a running to give a good yellow glue contact. I just redid a wheel about two months ago using epoxy glue but I have not used that wheel yet.

Return to Gamehead Taxidermy Category Menu