Unknown Skulls

Submitted by Wolfwoman on 1/29/06 at 10:54 PM. ( dakota AT mtaonline.net ) 64.4.226.1

Hi folks,
I have a friend that has two skulls that she needs identified and I'm sure that there's enough people on here with more knowledge than I about these. They came from Colorado at an elevation over 9000 feet. Here's the web address to view the pics I have of them.

http://photos.yahoo.com/bronco53

Thanks and looking forward to your responses!
Wolfie

Return to Gamehead Taxidermy Category Menu

Looks like

This response submitted by Todd on 1/29/06 at 11:32 PM. ( sawtoothtaxidermy@netzero.net ) 64.136.27.227

deer to me

Wolfwoman

This response submitted by Jim B on 1/29/06 at 11:40 PM. ( ) 64.12.116.72

I'm sure Todd's right.Doe mule deer to be specific.

That is what I was....

This response submitted by Wolfwoman on 1/30/06 at 1:07 AM. ( dakota AT mtaonline.net ) 64.4.226.1

thinking also, but another thought was maybe a very young elk? What are your thoughts on that and how can we tell to be sure?

Wolfie

MAYBE BIGFOOT

This response submitted by AGE on 1/30/06 at 8:28 AM. ( ) 152.163.100.72

YOU NEVER KNOW

Young elk

This response submitted by Roadkill on 1/30/06 at 11:10 AM. ( Look it up ) 166.70.185.44

Would have signs of the whistle teeth in the upper jaws. I think only one of your skulls is not broken off so as to not show that.
If they were young elk, they would still have a lot longer nose than the deer, and also the skulls would have fallen apart more as the skulls would be not yet formed as solid accross the tops. They are more than likely mule deer skulls, and If you really need to know for sure, take them to a uniersity and to the science department and see if they will do a DNA test on them. Iy will cost a ton of money but if you really need to know. You can also just do a comparison test with other skulls. The science department will have some most likly and you can compare yours with what they have. This would be the best route. I have a bunch of skulls at home. They are also laying all over the place in the mountains. Yo ucan find them all the time. I can take a few pictures of some of the ones I have and you can compare them that way as well.
Email me if you would like ot do that. I do not think they are elk. The teeth in the jaws show they are not young deer.
gossard@gtelco.net

Thanks

This response submitted by Wolfwoman on 1/30/06 at 11:54 AM. ( dakota AT mtaonline.net ) 64.4.226.1

I will send all this info (except the smarta$$) stuff on to my friend. I just wanted to cover all the possibilities of it before sending her the info.

Thanks,
Wolfie

Return to Gamehead Taxidermy Category Menu