cape hair pressed

Submitted by Vince on 1/31/06 at 1:14 AM. ( ) 216.174.134.92

I am about to prepare a deer cape but i noticed that a portion of the hair is pressed in the opposite direction, how do i get it back to the regular way? any help would be awesoem before i start salting/pickling.

Thanks

Return to Gamehead Taxidermy Category Menu

Don't worry about it

This response submitted by Frank E Kotula on 1/31/06 at 5:45 AM. ( basswtrout@msn.com ) 72.70.197.107

As of right now it's not a problem. You have to do all the other steps first and during that time of rehydration and pickling the hair should go back to it's normal self.
If after mounting it doesn't it could be a hair colic and then there's not much you can do. What you can try is hair jel. Go to any Sallies beauty supply house or Walmart and get the cheapest hair setting jel. Comb this into the hair and that may keep it there till it dries.

franks right

This response submitted by tim on 1/31/06 at 8:43 AM. ( twwalker39@yahoo.com ) 72.65.19.236

i had a guy bring me a buck in and he must of "shoved"its face in the frezzer and when i thawed it out and skinned the face out the hair was all messed up (going the wrong way),just thru it in pickle hoping for the best and walla it was all right.

Return to Gamehead Taxidermy Category Menu