BEST DEER MANIKINS?

Submitted by () on 10/26/99. ( () ) 205.188.208.11

WHAT IS YOUR OPINION ON THE BEST SHOULDER MOUNT DEER FORMS WHAT COMPANY? WASCO, McKenzie, BUCKEYE, VANDYKES, ECT.

Return to Category Menu

Best?

This response submitted by George Roof on 10/26/99. ( georoof@aol.com ) 152.163.189.97

I guess you want to start something since you neither left a name or address, but that's OK. Best is in the eye of the beholder. I've found that though I a almost exclusively one supplier, I use forms for a myriad of suppliers. Customers are always wanting something slightly different, and if I can find the pose without modifying a form, that's the best one at the time. Mannikens also differ geographically. Midwestern deer tend to be "blocky" with square features, heartland deer are classic Roman nosed, and southern deer tend to have slim, tapered faces. Most major suppliers are now manufacturing mannikens with larger faces and necks to accomodate the full range, but traditionally, southern suppliers had pencil necked deer and northern companies had fire plugs.
If you really want the very best manniken on the market, get a catalog from all the major suppliers. You'll find exactly what you're looking for in ONE of them.

That's true, George...

This response submitted by Pacemakr on 10/31/99. ( jfwagner@hereintown.net ) 209.240.200.46

I've used mannikins from companies where one fits like a glove, and the other needs major alteration. Sometimes I wonder if they've ever seen my species. I think the 1998's and 1999 forms fit best. Some I've picked out are from around 1983. Seems form makers are on a trend to build muscle bound deer and I either have to order smaller than needed, or get the rasp out and start carving.

HEY O

This response submitted by HUNTER on 11/8/99. ( ) 209.119.238.80

I'M NO EXPERT, BUT I,VE ORDERED FORMS FROM JUST ABOUT EVERY FORM MAKER
AND MY FAVORITE MOUNTS WERE MOUNTED ON JOE COOMBS FORMS.
TRY EM, YOU'LL LIKE EM.

Return to Category Menu