HORNS

Submitted by LEFTY on 10/6/99. ( ) 209.27.119.17

Bought a set of horns from a garage sale over the weekend $5.00 and i cannot tell what sheep they are off of. they measure 31" from base of horn to the tip. maybe a bighorn or a mouflon??? any help would be great.. what would the price be to obtain a skin of either one of these sheep??

Return to Category Menu

Horns

This response submitted by George Roof on 10/6/99. ( georoof@aol.com ) 205.188.209.41

Lefty,
Given the two choices you did, I will personally guarantee that they are, without a single doubt, mouflon. Mouflon hides can run into several hundred dollars from a dealer or less from a taxidermist who specializes in exotics who wants to clean a freezer.
A 31" set of bighorn horns would run into the thousands of dollars and a hide won't be any cheaper. People pay $20,000 just to HUNT them, so I'd hardly think you'd make a steal like that at a yard sale. If you did, you've struck the motherlode.

BIGHORN

This response submitted by Lefty on 10/8/99. ( ) 209.27.119.17

I went back to the house that sold these horns now that my intrest has been sparked.. the lady said her husband (who is dead now) shot this animal in the fiftys and over the years had bugs and was stored in the garage and the mount went to hell. THe reason only the horns were left. she showed me a picture he had framed on his wall and bigger than #$@! it is a bighorn!!! are you for real that a skin would be that much$$$$

Jackpot!!!!!!

This response submitted by George Roof on 10/8/99. ( georoof@aol.com ) 152.163.189.161

Lefty,
You are one lucky stiff. Those are BIG bighorn horns. Now, on the other hand, you ain't goin' to be so lucky getting a hide for that price. Yes, I'm afraid I was serious. Bighorn capes are extremely high.
P.S., I'll give you $10 for the horns LOL, Congratulations. They'll make a great mount WITHOUT a hide.

horns

This response submitted by KELLY on 10/10/99. ( bb-kk@bc.sympatico.ca ) 209.52.208.82

WOULD LIKE TO SEE PICTURES OF HORNS WOULD BR INTERESTED IN BUYING HORNS THANKS KELLY

Return to Category Menu