Caribou Form

Submitted by Doug on 11/25/99. ( wingedit@aol.com ) 205.188.208.107

anybody tell me what would be a good barren ground caribou shoulder form to use that is fairly user frendly? there are so many to choose from! Thanx

Return to Category Menu

Barren Ground Form

This response submitted by Jeff Hughes on 11/26/99. ( grimlock@crcwnet.com ) 208.23.145.5

I have only mounted one barren ground caribou to date, but it was one of the best pieces of work I ever produced. I did it using a research mannikans form #G-643 w/25" neck.
The proportions were exact and it turned out great with no alteration. You will notice that other than around the eyes and lips, very little detail will show through the thick hair that covers even the nose on a caribou. So all the veins and muscles were very cool looking on the form, but the hair will cover most of the detail anyway.
How about all the scars on the inside of the cape, especially on the shoulders and back? The brown dots on the inside are from biting flys that bore in clear through that thick hide, wow!! these critters suffer alot of hardship between the weather and predators/ bugs....
Anyway, not to make too big of pitch for WASCO's competition, but I liked the form I used...

good luck, E-mail if you have ? jeff

Return to Category Menu