FREEZER BURN EARS HELP

Submitted by MIKE on 12/28/99. ( BIGSPLITOE ) 205.188.209.202

I GOT A BLACKBUCK IN AND THE EARS WERE SO FREEZER BURNED THAT I COULDNT TURN THE EARS ALL THE WAY . I STILL LACK ABOUT ONE &HALF INCHES . I WENT AHEAD &SALTED&DRAINED&PUT IN FREEZER .IS THERE ANY THING I CAN DO TO GET THE EARS TURNED ALL THE WAY.
THANKS BIGSPLITOE

Return to Category Menu

Try putting it ......

This response submitted by PaulB on 12/28/99. ( bearguide@excite.com ) 12.76.116.29

in the pickle solution. I have done this with deer capes and finished turning the ears after a few days in the pickle. I would think it should work for you too.

Paul

ears

This response submitted by joe birchler on 12/28/99. ( ) 63.65.186.225

I have taken water and injected it between the cartalage and the back skin with a insuline needle and syring in several spots -- you can see the moisture comming back into the skin tisue. then let it sit in the refridgerator overnight and split them the next day.

THANKS GUYS

This response submitted by MIKE on 12/28/99. ( BIGSPLITOE@AOL.COM ) 152.163.189.72

I WILL TRY THE SYRINGE METHOD. I THINK IT WILL BE BETTER FOR ME BECAUSE I DONT USE A PICKLE SOLUTION. PS IF I DID I PROBLEY WOULDNT OF ASKED THE QUESTION. ONCE AGAIN THANKS GUYS

Return to Category Menu