Written Contract

Submitted by Doug on 1/3/01. ( ) 63.64.148.139

There has been quite a bit of discussion on the forums about deadbeat customers. Apparently there are those among us who have written a contract that spells out the conditions of the transaction, and that gets signed and dated by the customer. Is there some "industry standard contract" that covers most necessary provisions for taxidermy service that I can get my hands on? Is there anyone out there who has a blank contract form that they would be willing to FAX to me so I can see what it covers? I intend to develop my own written contract(with the help of my lawyer), and need to know what provisions to include. If anyone is willing to help me out by sending(FAX) me one they use....my FAX number is 517 426-6031.
Thanks,
Doug

Return to Category Menu

I agree!

This response submitted by jhart on 1/3/01. ( jhart@cybertrails.com ) 162.42.192.104

Boy, do I agree with Doug! I could sure use a few suggestions on a contract also. I too have a fax machine, or is there a simpler way to share this form with those of us who are in need, and in debt because of deadbeat customers! Your information,and a copy of your contract, are GREATLY needed.

You're welcome to mine

This response submitted by George on 1/3/01. ( georoof@aol.com ) 205.188.208.137

At least it will give you a starting point to add or subtract what you want to say and what's legal in your state. BUT, you have to leave a FAX number.

a-HEM Mr. Roof

This response submitted by Doug on 1/3/01. ( ) 63.64.148.58

Hey George!
I posted my FAX #! See it? It's right UP there with my post. I will appreciate seeing your contract. I wrote one already, but it's only 11 pages, single spaced, both sides. Probably left a lot out...eh?
Shortest answer I ever wrote....eh?
DOug (lernt that from your bud JC)

Hmmm

This response submitted by George on 1/3/01. ( ) 205.188.208.137

Doug, it was on your FAX before you replied. The FAX request was for anyone else like jhart. You HAVE been around JC. LOL

cover your #@$

This response submitted by annyo on 1/10/01. ( ) 205.188.208.42

doug,
the best thing to tell you is put a notice and a condition ,
that no work will start without a 50% deposit, and mine also
states that you have 10 days to pick up your mount or you will
be charged$2.00 per day for storage. and it also stated that
after30 days you will recieve a registered letter, and then the
lawyer gets contacted and then we go to small claims court, and
that you are responsable for all court fees and fines that apply
and that you will still be responsable for the storage fees.
and 1 1/2 percent will be add to the balance. remember that
they signed a working contract. just like the oil company charges
you as a customer, they are your customer and you are a business
believe me it works i had to use it a few times this year, and
people do not want all those extea court fees and fines.
the best advice is to pull out some of the contracts out that
you and or your wife signed, reasd all the fine print and
most of all COVER YOUR BUTT. good luck.

Return to Category Menu