Shop Help

Submitted by pittenger on 1/4/01. ( )

Other than getting my state and federal license, what do i need to get if i am working out of my garage. Help

Return to Category Menu


This response submitted by Frank Kotula on 1/4/01. ( )

You must go to your zoning board and tell them what you would like to do. They will then explain to you what is then needed for you to open a business. You may find out that you can't have one in your area, or your neibors may oppose this. You should of found out first before getting all you did.

If you live in a rural area that is not zoned for a business it can be very difficut to open one. There are a lot of hassselments you go through for this, especially one runned from a garage. Before my wife opened up a beautician shop here, we went through HECK to get a permit so that she could run a shop. But after all was established and then a 2 years later I wanted to open up my shopp it was a lot easyer being we already got zoned for doing a business from a home. Yes I do have a big shop as well as my wife, it was just added on to the house. But it's a real pain to get all the permits. But if your area is zoned for business you may be up and running in a matter of weeks, and not months. Good luck

Return to Category Menu