Van Dykes, I have a Question

Submitted by George on 1/9/01. ( georoof@aol.com ) 152.163.188.194

Dave,
I'm posting this here since I've asked customer service twice and have yet to receive an answer. Why is it that every single item Van Dyke offers has this 1x2 toilet paper gummed lable with a stock number attached to it?

It wouldn't bother me if the paper was thicker or the adhesive was less potent, but EVERYTHING from wire bundles to mount hangers has its own little individual tag that must have an acid bath before it can be removed. I even ordered several of the survival booklets to give my customers and there, right over the title page was this same little sticker that when I tried to remove it to put my shop logo managed to tear the page in half.

Inventory is one thing, but that seems a total waste. I order from United and they don't have stickers, I order from Johnstown and they dont have stickers, US Plastics, Harbor Freight, Lowe's, Home Depot, even the local hardware store. Can't you guys can the stickers?

Return to Category Menu

Don't expect a answer

This response submitted by Victor on 1/10/01. ( vburk@xtn.net ) 216.98.85.144

I have sent questions to Van Dyke by email and snail mail and they never answered. You have to call them. but they will probably just use lame excuses for what you are tring to find out. When they don't want to answer you, they just ignore you. I seldom buy from them due to what I feel is poor customer service. To each their own.

George --you're lucky !

This response submitted by Todd Rapalee on 1/10/01. ( ) 63.21.149.227

At least your labels were only 1x2 , I received 4 books today from Jonas Supply and they each had a 1.5"x4" label right on the front cover. The books are all nice books too, it's such a shame to get them with a big label on the front that will not come off.
However, I have to agree with you on the van dyke lebels.

George

This response submitted by Leanna on 1/10/01. ( ) 209.98.65.68

You crack me up! Has anyone else got the mental image of a cussing and prattling senile old, moose handed s.o.b...trying desperately to pick labels off his stuff?! Sorry George...you know I luv ya!

AND...

This response submitted by Leanna on 1/10/01. ( ) 209.98.65.57

I know what you are talking about.

van dike paper labels

This response submitted by John Edwards on 1/22/01. ( ) 24.218.93.221

I never saw this label. If you soak most gumed labels in a little lighter fluid they will remove from paper goods. If you remove to quickly or do not let soak in about 30 seconds. you can tear the paper let the fluid do the lifting. the use a little more to remove residue. It will evaporate. test on something unimportant.

Return to Category Menu