After just reading the great post Jim Tucker added to the "whats all the hubbub NTA"
post, it really got me wondering, just what are we fighting about. What are the numbers
that are involved with this issue. Please NTA answer these question, for all to see.
1. What is the total number of individuals belonging to state associations?
2. What is the current NTA membership?
3. Of that number, how many pay yearly dues?
4. What are your current dues, both yearly and life?
5. What percentage of the 2000 yearly budget went to lobby for our rights.
6. What does the NTA do, to recruit new members?
The point is, will this 100% mandate add 50 members to your group or
5000. I seem to vaguely recall your membership at 2000 annually, with
the realistic numbers, Mr Tucker used, that would increase your group by
at least 5000 new members. And if he is correct in his assumption that only
between 1/3 to 1/10 of all taxidermists even belong to their state group, your
potential for growth would appear unlimited.
Return to Category Menu
I can answer question #6. Answer: They attempt to make it mandatory that all taxidermists be members. I think it's called MONOPOLY!