A Great Big Apology to John C !

Submitted by Kent Palazzo on 1/11/01. ( racksnfinstax@hotmail.com ) 216.163.21.35

John, To start with let me first say that I am truely SORRY to have started this big s**t storm with my recent post. I assure you that was not my intent at all. I know you mean well and help alot of us here(myself included).
What you are offering for beginner taxidermist is GREAT and for this you need to be commended! After rereading your post several times I think maybe I took some of it personally(reading to far into it). It's not for me(or anyone else for that matter to say) how you set your guidelines for your contest. Guess the fingers started punching buttons before the brain was fully engaged.
I sincerly apologize to YOU and anyone else here the I may have offended. Don't be affraid to put me in my place if I'm outta line.
Once again a BIG SORRY John! Sincerely, Kent Palazzo
Racks n'Fins Taxidermy

Return to Category Menu

Ken I apologize to you.

This response submitted by JOhn C on 1/11/01. ( ) 208.44.115.44

I know many taxidermist are trying each and every day to improve their work quality. Plus they charge what, what it is worth! ( I wish there was a way to show emotion here).

Only by supporting our associations can we make them grow, Bob B points out to me that only around 4% of the taxidermist belong to organisations, I wish taxidermist in general would understand the only way to make them grow and get the benifits from them is to be active members.

I once way back in the late seventies, early eighties was a union organizer.(NOT TEAMSTERS BY THE WAY) in a open shop state, (read this work for less) yes I know what a SCAB is the the AFL-CIO, also what it is to the medical frield, its the first visable sign of healing.

BAck to the subject. I know a lot of taxidermist and of a lot of taxidermist, I have always promoted the State and National associations, as ifeel there are many good thing we taxidermist can do to promote ourselves. At this time I donot see it happening, it was not happening in the mid 70's when I started taxidermy it is not happening now.

One reason if feel the public looks down on us is lake of consistancy throughout the industry, this is pricing, dress code, the way shops conduct business, quality of mounts, presentation of product etc.

Scattered in this conglomeration are the cheap guys that try do do more and more becuase they just cannot make a living at thier prices, pulling 15-18 hour days-7 days a week. Then not treating thier employees right when they have some.

We have this guy with a camo hat camo shirt, bondo, blood, paint stains, smelling of cigerette smoke with chew drippling down his chin, with a 3-4-5 day groth of beard on his face representation to the public. In fact I see that in many cases, then there is the chew stuck in his teeth as he tries to get $200 for a half Aed head, so when he cannot do that, he drops his price another 20 dollars. Boom the vicious cycle is repeated. They dont thing the seminars at a show will do them any good all his freinds say man thats good work, he has had no outside expert advice offered, he is starving because he cant figure out how, Jim Bob is getting $325 to $400 for a deerhead, he tells his customers thay aint worth that much, "Why hell my ducks look almost that good, but they aint worth more than $85.00, Billy Bob I will cut you a deal if you bring me both of them Green heads." so now his price is even lower. These guys are the scabs. (NO if the show fits here people, you can change it, it is your choice, I cannot force anything on you) This is not directed at any one person)

ALong this line I see guys in the business longer than me, telling me they dont need any lesson, their work is good enough. The associations are your cheapest form of education, a continuing education program is the only way to pull our industry out of this rut, it will not happen quick, WE CAN DO THIS, but only working together.

I had worked on the plan for this to stir the flaming honey pot and pour gasolin on the fire, I did just that. I did not target anyone person but a failry large group, at 4 a.m. I had over 200 people saying I was right on track and 12 saying how wrong I was. plus the rearend chewing on this site.

What I am asking each and everyone of you to do is LOOK IN THE NEWSPAPERS in the BUSINESS SECTIONS over the next six months, right down what you see, figure out what is working for true professional business person in your area, then do it.

Ken your alright in my book, sorry for having got under your skin.

John C

Hats Off!

This response submitted by Becky on 1/11/01. ( Keytaxidermy@aol.com ) 205.188.208.44

Hats off to both Kent and John. You guys prove you can disagree but yet still respect one another. I think we all have a right to our opinions but need to remember - lets not attack each other and post to the subject not each other. If we all would treat each other this way maybe we could get together to help the industry in a positive way.

JOHN C "THE CRITIC"

This response submitted by PHANTOM on 1/11/01. ( ) 152.163.188.40

JOHN, YOU SIT AT THE KEYBOARD AND CRITISIZE PEOPLE YOU DONT KNOW OR HAVE EVER SEEN! YOU CONCERN YOURSELF WITH THE APPEARANCE OF PEOPLE AND HOW THEY PRESENT THEMSELVES AS TAXIDERMISTS TO OUR POTENTIAL CUSTOMERS. JOHN, IF YOUR CUSTOMERS {THOSE WITH HALF A BRAIN} WOULD SEE HOW YOU PRESENT YOURSELF ON THIS FORUM, I DONT THINK THEY WOULD BE IMPRESSED WITH YOUR IGNORANT AND BOORISH BEHAVIOR. I THINK YOU COULD USE SOME PROFESSIONAL HELP. IF YOU WERE 14 YEARS OLD I GUESS IT WOULD BE EXCUSABLE,BUT YOU ARE OF ADULT AGE AND SEEM TO HAVE A NEED TO PUT PEOPLE DOWN THAT DONT DO THINGS EXACTLY AS YOU SEE FIT.PROZAC MIGHT BE A START FOR YOU, JOHN.

lets ease up now

This response submitted by Leanna on 1/11/01. ( scardeer@cornernet.com ) 209.98.65.55

JC apologized and means well. Why upset the applecart again?

Gut less Phantom

This response submitted by JOhn C on 1/11/01. ( ) 208.44.115.62

OOOO look you can hide, Why not leave your name, All the others have and most have been in e-mail contact also. Gosh look up what PRozac do's for you. Shucks dont look it up, Its right here it suppose to increase the Seratonin levels in the brain, a chemical agent that allows the communication between nerons to flow easier. John C.

PROZAC

This response submitted by ~ on 1/11/01. ( ) 152.163.188.40

DIDN'T WORK FOR U, HUH? JOHNNY

is it always ME that says this

This response submitted by Bill Yox on 1/11/01. ( ) 205.188.209.38

Cowards, please drop the upper case, and stop hiding behind your mothers apron (as anonymous) If you dont have the balls to post who you Really are, stop the childish behavior towards others who DO post thier names. If you dont, we here at the forums are going to tell your Mommy that you are playing on the computer again. This isnt name calling either, you KNOW if you are the coward already.

Look whos being a big baby!

This response submitted by Gerber on 1/11/01. ( ) 165.248.247.132

John C needs to grow up! talk about being immature and arrogant! oh sorry for not being an adult and not leaving a name, becuase I'm not, I'm just a teenager!
I wonder if your work looks like your attitude! Get out of these forums and let the true taxidermist with good attitudes help us out. You are bad example for us upcoming taxidermist. What is your full name anyway John Cr@p?

Ever heard of a switch

This response submitted by Dave Toms on 1/11/01. ( ) 208.178.217.69

Sounds like someone needs to be taken out behind the wood shed and explained the priciples of RESPECT.

Dave Toms

My two cent$

This response submitted by frank on 1/11/01. ( dem2983@aol.com ) 152.163.188.193

I to am reluctant to ask a honest Question if it to be answered in a sarcastic and be-littling manner.I don't think it should be that way.If that's the way it has to be than i don't want any part of it.

if you ask a question...

This response submitted by Bill Yox on 1/11/01. ( ) 205.188.209.38

...youll get an answer. If, in spite of the frequent suggestions to use the archives, you were to, say for instance, choose to ask a very frequently asked question, yes, you might get the run-around. To some of you guys, did it ever occur to you that when you post your name and email, some folks even email you direct with answers? Dont ever feel like you cant. Lots of folks in here love to help out. I doubt folks really have such thin skin, and most of the time we arent doing anything more then having fun with someone, once they take it that way. A small price to pay to get a free taxidermy tip.

Stand and Be Counted

This response submitted by Elmer on 1/11/01. ( Topstaxidermy@aol.com ) 152.163.188.40

Its been said many times those of you who are gutless not like John when he made his stand he had the gonads to state what he felt and let everyone know it. I respect his opinion and the way he feels you might not agree with him but when you post reach down and grab your gonads and let everyone know who you are or if you don,t have anyif you are of the gender that does not no offense ladies what ever you grab. If I was the person being slammed I would just consider the source and probably won,t even respond to your post.

To John C., Bill Yox, etc

This response submitted by Frank Hetherington on 1/11/01. ( fhetherington2@hotmail.com ) 154.20.93.108

Here we go again.
You guys are the worst.
I see rude people with big mouths on these forums. They seem to come and go. But John C., Bill Yox and that other obnoxious child, John Belluci (or whatever his name is), you guys remain a constant on these forums. You always seem to be in the middle of some fight. You always seem to be yelling at someone and calling them names. Why don't you guys just go away?
Quit calling people cowards Bill, you are a squat little loud mouth and I am sure your mouth would remain tightly clamped if you were to be face to face with any of these people you trash.
Here is my first and last post to this pathetic forum filled with stereo-typical backwoods type taxidermists.
You are embarrassing this industry.
You are also the reason the vast majority of taxidermists stay away from associations and all the fighting and backstabbing.
Go ahead and post some ridiculas reply, I won't be here to read it.
I could care less what you say and either can 98% of the other taxidermists in this country.
Have fun fighting guys, I'm gone.

Well said Frank Hetherington!

This response submitted by New Hetherington Fan on 1/12/01. ( ) 207.12.28.101

You sure put those guys in their place. It's true they do embarass this industry and they sure keep it from growing with their attitudes.

WHAT A PATHETIC

This response submitted by DON on 1/12/01. ( DWESOLOWICZ@AOL.COM ) 205.188.209.38

dog and pony show this turned out to be! if this in any indication of how a group of professional NTA card carrying taxidermists behave, i'm proud to say i'm not involved with that orginization! i'm sure membership in the NTA is now soaring thanks to the plan carefully laid out by that fearless leader,"JOHN C"! i was asked in an e-mail to back off from john since he,"means well"! that's total BULLcrap!
any individual that runs down people as you do, john c don't,"mean well" you want to control people from your keyboard for some reason and i'd think you can see by the posts that your plan is not working well! i intend to continue reading the posts in this forum in order to improve the quality of my work and not get involved in any of the childish rantings from your mouth! i can get all the info i want by hitting the search button on this forum or calling McKenzie or Research and i wont be put down or talked down to because i'm not in lock step with your way of thinking! you are probably a good stuffer john but you sure do need some lessons on dealing with people! you sure turned me off with this fiasco. DON

Well said Don!

This response submitted by ? on 1/12/01. ( ) 207.12.28.101

Let's end it here...

To ask someone to join the NTA for some free lessons

This response submitted by John C on 1/12/01. ( taxidermist118@hotmail.com ) 208.44.115.70

is not a unreasonble request.

I receive nothing for helping.

I ask you to give back a little from a industry that you are ready to take, take, take from. You want everything given to you without helping the industy out.

MY OFFER WAS TO GIVE. I also have the right to set a few rules for you to GET something.

I am not TAKING ANYTHING FOR MY HELP.

How can you be so selfish?

If you use the search button (SEEMS SO MANY CANT LEARN THIS SIMPLE TRICK) good for you.

I have encouraged everyone to search but few do or can. Ssure you can call McKenzies youcan call any supplier and get the same help in most cases, then do so!

Wehn you search and find something I have tried that works, dont use it, go to the next person.

I still ask you to give to the INDUSRTY, INSTEAD of JUST TAKING.

Not Even In This One ...

This response submitted by John Bellucci on 1/12/01. ( ) 205.188.209.38

What's really amazing about all this, is the post by Frank Hetherington, where he drags me into this, and cannot believe my name is my name! By the way genius, there are two (2) C's in my last name.

THIS is the ignorance level of the many posters here. An embarrassment? Try looking in the mirror pal, and leave me out of your puny life. Thank goodness it was his first and last post. And, gentlemen, look carefully at the "all caps" post ... does the tone and wording look familiar? Give it a few days, and he will be re-removed from the forums.

In the mean time, try not to play into his hands. We all know who we each are. We know who is a member of what organization and who is not. The rest are all opinions ... and we all know what they say about opinions ... right?

enuff already

This response submitted by duckman2000(gil pence) on 1/12/01. ( ) 158.252.211.156

g**d*** .I thought this was a taxidermist forum not a presidental debate.you guy's sound like bush and gore.I'am trying to learn how to do taxidermy,but if this is what this site is about then hell with it

Hey JohnB

This response submitted by Bill Yox on 1/12/01. ( ) 152.163.189.104

Isnt it funny, the same guys who cry about you and me here are the same guys who email us for advice? Crazy, aint it? Now lets just get one thing straight, JB...are you being brought down to MY level, or am I being brought down to YOURS? Lol. Funny how such an informative guy like Frank can say we call names, when we offer a name for whomever feels it fits, to go ahead and wear! Darn, Im sure gonna miss Frank, too, and his frequent contributions to this forum and the on-going free taxidermy lessons. Its almost too embarrassing to call myself a taxidermist as he said. The worst part is, he wont be reading this!

pull the plug

This response submitted by don ruholl on 1/12/01. ( donruholl@htmail.com ) 208.16.49.216

The people responsible for establishing the forum had a great idea here! A web site where " TAXIDERMIST " could share information to improve the quality of your work and share this profession with those interested in just getting started. I don't feel it was their vision to establish a forum to allow a group of people who want to call themself professionals and leaders in this industry to act like a bunch of 6 year olds by slinging crap at each other. If you guys want to bad mouth each other, get after it. Just do the rest of us a big favor, get a set of balls , list you e-mail address and do your crap slingging there.!

Redneck Rampage

This response submitted by Wayne R. Clancy on 1/14/01. ( ) 24.66.125.34

This Frank Heatherington has a valid point.

How come some people get removed from the forum but some people like JOHN BELLICCI and BILL YOX are free to be pests with impuniuty? I think that this portion of Taxidermy.net should be suspended for a while. It can't be what the creators had in mind. John and Bellicci need to get jobs to preoccupy themselves instead of sitting around all day drinking beer, getting flabby and beating their wives.

Can we not just move on from this lowest common denominator mentality. Watching Jerry Springer might be funny for five minutes once a month, but poor John and Bill seem to be stuck in the life style. I call on the webmaster to block them out so the rest of us can get to the business at hand of positively promoting our distinguished industry. Thank you.

YEAH!

This response submitted by NOBALLSATALL on 1/15/01. ( ) 152.163.189.104

lets run that yox,john c and all their cronies out of here!

uuuh.....but first,how deep do u set the eyes on a whitetail? bill

hahaha

This response submitted by Bill Yox on 1/15/01. ( ) 152.163.188.40

Boy did that last post by noballsatall ever hit the nail right on the head! Thanks guy. It just kinda shows you what this forum is really about, and the way it really is divided into. To you guys who feel Im above being removed, I see youve never been spoken to by someone with a loud voice, etc. Go ahead and call Ken at WASCO, and ask him if he has any problem with me here. Go ahead. Then feel free to email me and let me know EXACTLY what he tells you. The rest of the forum would love to hear, too. As I see it, theres a few folks who STILL dont get the jist of how we speak here. Ill bet you think Dear Abby was mean, too, right? Ha ha ha. JohnB, Have you ever watched Jerry Springer? Me neither. I havent had a beer in months, how about you? In fact, I havent seen more then about 3 or 4 posts by you, John, in months. Must be some of these newest whiners are "closet forum contributers". And like I said earlier on another post, hey I didnt climb up onto a pedestal and call myself a leader of the industry, etc. In between all your helpful and frequent contributions to this forum as well as the industry at large, feel free to go ahead and post here in detail all the info you found out after speaking to Ken...

NO BEER IN MONTHS?

This response submitted by NOBALLSATALL on 1/15/01. ( ) 64.12.96.103

but how long has it been since you beat your wife?

ummm

This response submitted by Bill Yox on 1/15/01. ( ) 152.163.188.40

...beat her at what? hahaha Im way to busy being embarrassing to the industry...

Return to Category Menu