Just A Tip

Submitted by Mike R on 1/17/01. ( ) 209.117.80.140

Heres a tip for everyone that has a small shop or works out of the basement, or even for the big studios. Try using a small, home kitchen fryer for boiling skulls and skull plates. It works great, boils fast, takes up very little space, and is simple to clean up. Best of all, the spouse wont be yelling at you for stinking/ messing up the kitchen!

Return to Category Menu

Wrong

This response submitted by Frank Kotula on 1/17/01. ( basswtrout@aol.com ) 172.147.153.126

Hate to say it but there is no way in He&& that I can even think about boiling antlers in the house, and that means in the basement, or upstairs. That smell still goes through the whole house. So I have no choice but to go outside and boil them there. But if want to send her to the dog house, I boil them in the house. She can't send me there cause the house smell and she has to leave LOL. You guys know when you need a vacation from the women LOL no pun intended ladies. I'm sure you do it to your guys.

I dont anywhere

This response submitted by Bill Yox on 1/17/01. ( ) 152.163.188.34

Im one of those who does not boil. Ive seen a few crack, thats enough for me. I wanna be clean as the next guy, but no boiling! If you had to, that idea sounds good though, Mike.

Deep Frying

This response submitted by Pete on 1/17/01. ( ) 205.188.209.134

I tried the deepfried method,But I had to stop when my wife bit on a Deer tooth that was mixed with her frenchfries.

PETE

This response submitted by DOOFUS on 1/18/01. ( ) 205.188.209.204

change the oil after you boil your heads

Potentially shocking results?

This response submitted by Terry on 1/19/01. ( MillerT@mail.kearney.k12.mo.us ) 198.209.35.6

I, too, have used an electric pot but had to take it outside due to the smell my family didn't like (from the Sal Soda, for some reason I kinda like the smell?). But....with time the bottom of the pot started corroding through and I pitched it before it pitted all the way through. Now, I just use a pot on an old coleman stove and it works pretty good. Have thought about converting an old propane tank from a outdoor grill and making one like the turkey fryers they advertise. Has anyone tried that or similar? Terry

Potentially shocking results?

This response submitted by Terry on 1/19/01. ( MillerT@mail.kearney.k12.mo.us ) 198.209.35.6

I, too, have used an electric pot but had to take it outside due to the smell my family didn't like (from the Sal Soda, for some reason I kinda like the smell?). But....with time the bottom of the pot started corroding through and I pitched it before it pitted all the way through. Now, I just use a pot on an old coleman stove and it works pretty good. Have thought about converting an old propane tank from a outdoor grill and making one like the turkey fryers they advertise. Has anyone tried that or similar? Terry

Return to Category Menu