Is it true that Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation is helpin PETA

Submitted by R White on 1/22/01. ( ) 142.165.5.142

I just herd today that the Rocky mountain Elk Foundation just gave
$50 000 dollars to PETA. This money was used to eliminate gamefarming in montana. There is nothing wrong with being against gamefarming,and enclosed hunting. But dont help PETA these people are against any hunting sports at all. This will only make them bigger and stronger. Please let me know if this is true so I can cancel my membership with Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation.

Thanks RYAN

Return to Category Menu

Which PETA

This response submitted by * on 1/23/01. ( ) 205.202.27.76

Which PETA group, is the the group that stands for PEOPLE EATING TASTY ANIMALS! This is the only PETA group that I know about.

I'll have to

This response submitted by marty on 1/23/01. ( ) 64.13.187.131

see this one in writing from a reputable newsource to believe it...

Preposterous

This response submitted by George on 1/23/01. ( georoof@aol.com ) 152.163.188.230

Bad rumor, bad lie. Over 90% or RMEF's members are hunters and/or make a living from hunting and outdoor activities. The organization has not now nor ever made any contributions to any group whose charter is to undermine hunting. You can believe that or you can call 1-800-CALL-ELK and verify it for yourself.

They did not

This response submitted by Z on 1/23/01. ( ) 206.159.147.132

Here's the response I got from RMEF

......thanks for contacting us. The RMEF did not, has not, and
will not donate to PETA. We did support the sportsmen's initiative in
Montana which banned game farming, a practice posing a direct threat to
wild, free-ranging elk. Our contributions enabled the group to wage a more
effective educational media campaign supporting the initiative. PETA was
involved in no way whatsoever. If you have any further questions, please
feel free to contact either Larry or myself.

Thanks!

Rich Gordon

That is what I heard

This response submitted by Perry on 1/23/01. ( pgk@ncentral.com ) 206.150.163.70

The biggest concern with game farming is CWD(chronic wasting
disease). while they know what causes it, they don't know how
it spreads, there is no real test for it, and it can't be cured.
while they can stop it in the early stages, it still causes
permanent damage to the host. Wyoming fish and game has a
detailed history and explaination on their web site.

RMEF Is Not Going To Get A Dime From Me

This response submitted by Charles H. on 1/23/01. ( ahawes@intelos.net ) 216.12.96.66

This is one group I woun't even think about joining this group. A few years ago I was hired by an outfitter in Montana to be a guide Trainee. So my wife , kids and I loaded up for a new life. I started working and he told my wife I was working for free. Well we can't live off of that. We ended up going hungary and started eating out of peoples trash. At one time we didn't eat for three days. Now if an organization support a JERK like this , then the Hell with them.

Charles

This response submitted by JEM on 1/26/01. ( ) 208.48.229.66

Charles, unfortunately the RMEF does not have a cyrstal ball when it comes to evaulating a persons character. Perhaps this individual has a way of misleading individuals (such as yourself) and organizations (such as RMEF). In the end people like this usually get their due. I hope that things work out for you and your family. Please don't think thast all of us associated with the RMEF have this charecter flaw.

Return to Category Menu