Are your local DNR officers looking more and more like

Submitted by John C on 1/28/01. ( ) 208.44.115.44

Para-military? Ours are wearing Olive Drab BDU's pants tucked in their boots, the whole nine yards.

To me this is looking more and more militaristic.

On one hand it makes sense, being their job is out and about, but on the other hand, I think thier normal dress uniform looks more professional.

What are your doing and your thoughts on it? John C

Return to Category Menu

I've only been checked when duck hunting

This response submitted by marty on 1/28/01. ( ) 24.182.135.27

and our folks in Illinois here wear tan pants and shirts. Kinda looking like something out've Cabelas. And, we've got a young twenty something year old conservation officer "gal" that I don't mind taking the time to do whatever she asks!

YEA

This response submitted by Dan on 1/28/01. ( ) 205.188.208.173

Seen one the other night..couldn't get a shot off NVG's fogged on me....maybe next time!

The Good Guys

This response submitted by Tenbears on 1/30/01. ( Us544744@aol.com ) 205.188.208.77

Seems every time someone mentions the DNR folks bet a bit riled in some form or another. I realize some of it is in fun, and some because gripeing about game wardens is the thin to do. But I would like to take a stand on their side, I know several Ohio Game wardens Personaly. And consider them my friends. we attend a lot of joint funtions togather. Lets face it if it were not for game wardens we would all be out of work, Or at least in a different profession. After WWII and the depression There was not an Overabundance of game in this country. It was the efforts Of DNR Officers that brought it back And keep it at Numbers that allow us to be able to work in our profession. When The Game warden Enters My Shop I do Not scrutinize what he is wearing, I greet him, Or her, with a hand shake and a smile. When Customers never pick up Mounts(which IS rare) I Donate then To The DNR edgucation Program. When They come to Inspect my shop. I have all the paperwork properly done, And a copy made for them to take with Them. I do Not Care how busy I am They Never come at a bad Time and I never act Discusted at Having them there. I figure they are doing a job. One I would Not do For what they get Paid. And as a resuld of that They keep My job secure.

Return to Category Menu