The IGT has it right!

Submitted by Jim Tucker on 5/22/01. ( bigjims@adelphia.net ) 24.50.252.14

After reading IGT President Dave Noem's post about entries I had to give the IGT a big hand! I had forgotten how the entries there worked and am glad to see that they let ALL pieces not previously entered in their show in. To many shows bar pieces that have won awards at other shows, mainly because of cry babies who think that they should not have to compete against good work. The way they state shows are set up all over the year it makes it tough for some to enter. Heck, the Northern Regional is AFTER the Nationals and then you can't enter pieces in it. I do not know about you guys, but I can't afford to be doing comp. pieces year round! I try and do just a couple a year and take them around. CHEERS to IGT and this "open" competition. We do the same thing here in OH, as long as it has not been entered here it is fair game, even if it is the "Best in the World." The IGT is a great time and I suggest all of yougo if able!

PS Dave your Business Seminar was very entertaining at the PTO. Some of you other Board memebers should see about having Dave come to your show!

Return to Category Menu

Return to Category Menu