URGENT!

Submitted by Randal R. Waites on 5/25/01. ( rwenglish1@aol.com ) 64.12.97.10

Please call your Senators, tell them to vote YES on the Helms Amendment. This is a bill that says schools that fail to allow the Boy Scouts to use their grounds, will be denied federal funding. I heard about this on the Dr. Laura radio show, you can go to her web site for more information. http://www.drlaura.com/ Please call to so your support for the Boy Scouts.

Return to Category Menu

The Boy Scouts are one of the few good things left

This response submitted by Dave Noem on 5/25/01. ( Kudu1shot @aol.com ) 205.188.209.103

When they start passing laws to stop things like the Boy Scouts in Public buildings, then our laws aren't worth the paper there written on! United Way labled the Boy Scouts as a hate group and no longer contributes funds all because gays aren't allowed to be leaders. I know Im not perfect but I don't want a bunch of gay men taking my sons into the woods to teach them anything! I was raised with morals and surprisingly enough still have some in me today! Thank God for that.

Everyone on this site knows me as the President for IGT but I also oversee the entire Scouting operatiion in Union Ky. The Scouting program is the most worth while youth program out there and has been since 1910. Scouting is one of the last good teachings a young man gets before he enters the real world and it makes an impression on them that last throughout their life. If they want a gay lifestyle, then start the Gay scouts of America but don't tarnish the morals my parents and grand parents have past down to me.

My taxidermy Studio is very fortunate to employ and work with Eagle Scouts. They truly are the cream of the crop.

Please call your Senator about the Helms Amendment because this is worth fighting for.

Son of a B____ you hit the nail

This response submitted by Charles Gossett on 5/25/01. ( Marl4570@aol.com ) 64.12.96.175

I agree 100% Dave, there are certain things in life that do not have to play the politically correct game and besides me the Boy Scouts is one.
God Bless

Dave your comment about the United Way andis interesting...

This response submitted by Cecil Baird on 5/26/01. ( jjbaird@ligtel.com ) 207.40.91.153

considering in my area they never contributed to the Boy Scouts anyway even though they said they did. I know that for a fact as my father was a Boy Scout leader and he said he never received any money. However, when I was employed at a place where they came to get money taken out of our wages they bragged about all the noble causes they contributed too including the Boy Scouts.

KInd of makes you wonder doesn't it?

Cecil

Dave your comment about the United Way

This response submitted by Cecil Baird on 5/26/01. ( jjbaird@ligtel.com ) 207.40.91.153

labeling the Boy Scouts as a hate group is interesteing considering in my area they never contributed to the Boy Scouts anyway even though they said they did. I know that for a fact as my father was a Boy Scout leader and he said he never received any money from the United Way. However, when I was employed at a place where they came to get money taken out of our wages they bragged about all the noble causes they contributed too including the Boy Scouts.

Kind of makes you wonder doesn't it?

Cecil

Sorry for the repeat and errors

This response submitted by Cecil Baird on 5/26/01. ( ) 207.40.91.153

I accidentally hit the wrong button before I edited.

Cecil

Return to Category Menu