Just Can't Help Myself

Submitted by George on 5/26/01. ( georoof@aol.com ) 205.188.208.166

Tony, I was doing real well. I was answering civily and trying not to pour any white gas on that fire, but I just couldn't help myself. Fortunately Outdoor Life delivers better than Breakthrough and I just got my June/July issue today. I only read the good parts and there in the editorials, it just jumped up and smacked me across the face. Seems that "M.B." of Chisholm, MN has just caught the state record splake. He's got his tail in a wringer though as some taxidermists are offering to mount it free (total fools), half priced (half fools) and others wanting to cast it for a reproduction. His question to "ASK THE EXPERTS" was in what he should do. Jerry Gibbs, Fishing Editor for Outdoor Life answered it this way in part:

"For a list of award-winning taxidermists, go to www.taxidermy.net. At this Web site you'll find lots of links, including one to the National Taxidermists Association (NTA), which has chapters in most states. Using an NTA taxidermist is wise. Also go to www.taxidermy.net/nta/winners00.html for a list of recent competition winners."

Just to think, of all those benefits, I never saw that one printed on any of those place mats. LOL

Return to Category Menu

Can a mom brag on this forum?

This response submitted by Lisa on 5/26/01. ( hobbiel@msn.com ) 63.14.91.83

Well, we did mount a deer for free.He was one of the toughest clients we ever had...our son!When we recieve Outdoor Life, as we did today,the first thing our boy looks for is the picture and write up of his trophy.Hopefully, we will all be able to see it.Last fall, at the time he was 11yrs. old and bagged a perfect 10 point with a 11 inch G-2's that scored at 145 Pope & Young.But...that only happens with SPECIAL customers! LOL Not only are some you award winning taxidermists ,but very fine people.

Also, I would like to take this moment,with sincere gratitude,and thank the men and women that paid the ultimate sacrifice.And to the ones that have and are fighting for are freedom!

Respectfully,

Lisa and family

My turn to be Mean

This response submitted by Tony Finazzo on 5/26/01. ( finazducks@aol.com ) 198.81.23.6

George, What the "hell" is a splake?LOL
A splash in the Lake?
A short rake?
Give Me a break. I can't stop laughing.
What do they look like? Are they good to eat?
Be yourself George. You are much more fun that way.
When I say "be nice", I'M KIDDING. We're losing Bill what
are we going to do now?

Tony

Bird Guys Really ARE Strange

This response submitted by George on 5/27/01. ( georoof@aol.com ) 152.163.188.1

Tony,
I hate to be the one to tell you this, but it wasn't a joke and a "splake" IS a real fish. It's a hybrid of a Lake trout and a brook trout. And NO, I didn't make that up either.

good thing

This response submitted by Terry V on 5/27/01. ( ) 216.120.182.92

the taxidermy net is here. Thanks Ken for that (free) benefit. It makes finding people and associations much easier.

Return to Category Menu