It has all been fun, but...........

Submitted by Bill Gaither on 5/26/01. ( WILDART@prodigy.net ) 64.196.210.83

All things do come to pass....

I have enjoyed very much these last few months, having had the chance to pass part of each day here at the forum. As I related to others, I began my journey here while I recuperated from an illness. I ran onto the forum looking for a chap that I have since learned has passed away. It was my first, and only question posted herein. Like most questions placed here at the foot of the knowledgeable, it was answered within twenty four hours.

It has been my pleasure to have met many wonderful people who participate in this forum. The jokes and the banter that takes place here in the virtual taxidermy world have resulted in many hours of pleasure. Your debates over positions in re: the NTA and pricing and the industry in general were educating and interesting and, sadly in some cases, timeless.

There seems to be a current trend toward discovery through communication, rather than independent research that I find interesting, but am not totally in favor of, especially by the younger folks. Experience seems to me a far better teacher than referencing the work of others. I have seen many declare that "this way" or "that way" is the right way, often when there is no actual "right" way, expecially if each way works for the user.

It is good to see women actively involved in the business and the forum, that is a big change for the good of all. One of the reasons I left organized taxidermy in the first place was an argument centered on a choice I made as a judge at the KTA state about ten years ago when a woman was awarded a prize others coveted. You go ladies!

Those of you who are now included in my personal spam program of needless jokes and pranter will, sadly I must say, still be included.
I never have figured out who the period guy is, but have grown to like him as well as the rest of you. I have tried to answer those questions I felt comfortable with and have passed on many easier ones to leave those replies to others. Those of you who have my personal email can inquire direct in the future if you feel I can help your cause, and I will try to find time to respond.

This week marks the start of a much needed vacation and on return, the marketing and production of a new art collection and the backlog of private commissions will not allow for the surplus time recently enjoyed. Thank you, Ken for providing this wonderful communications platform to the industry. Thank each and every one of you for making me feel welcome here. Look smart, now, cuz old Cur will check in from time to time and make sure you are all minding your P's and Q's. I know he and I will miss this forum very much. It is addictive, but an addiction time will not allow to continue for a while.

So to George and Frank and Marty and Leanna and John C and the other Bills and the Bobs, Tony Hall and all the others, it has really been fun. Elmer, I left you out because I will be seeing you in a week - tell the Chamber of Commerce to turn some of those good will fish loose for me to catch.

The Gaither web site is undergoing additions and will eventually feature the new lines. It will remain at: www.wdgaither.com
.................. See you all later, if time permits.

Regards,

W.D. "Bill" Gaither

Return to Category Menu

Goodbye

This response submitted by Wava on 5/26/01. ( Wavabob@juno.com ) 63.20.200.176

Bill,
As I read your post I felt increasingly saddened as I realized it was a farewell message.

I have greatly enjoyed each of your contributions to this forum and read with delight your dry humor and incredible life experiences. I value those aspects as much or more than the great store of knowledge you graced this site with. After all, one can find knowledge in a book without the trappings of personality or wit, but the experience leaves you hungry. Wisdom, I am discovering as I get older, is a far greater treasure and rarer than hen's teeth.

I have your website on my list of favorites and I look forward to being motivated by more of your beautiful paintings. I hope someday to aspire to the creative level you've achieved. You are a true renaissance man, gentleman and scholar and I shall miss you.

Wava

Old Marines Never Die Either

This response submitted by George on 5/26/01. ( georoof@aol.com ) 64.12.96.143

.....till we meet again, Adios.

Now What?

This response submitted by Tony Finazzo on 5/26/01. ( finazducks@aol.com ) 198.81.23.7

Bill
I must say, reading your post's always left me feeling
A little inadeqate. I have a masters degree in education
and I wouldn't even try to compare my use of the English
language to yours. You have earned my respect and I'll look
forward to your return. You possess a knowledge base I've
only witnessed a few times. I was especially impressed with
your knowledge of pigment and color. BUT I got to tell ya.
If you ever need to mix some resin you can give me a call,
because your family may not appreciate you burning the
house down LOL. just kidding.
Best of Luck, I know you will return soon. Make lot's of
money and send me some LOL.
Your friend
Tony

It's in your blood Bill

This response submitted by Art on 5/26/01. ( hursey1@sota-oh.com ) 216.28.91.122

As it is in most of ours. Thanks for your knowledge and wit.
I'm sure you will at least look in on us from time to time.
And when you do, I'm sure we will be speaking of you fondly.
Happy Trails
Art

I wish you well...

This response submitted by Lisa on 5/27/01. ( ) 63.14.91.190

And all of that cooking in the microwave and all...he's back! LOL

In God's Speed......Bill

Lisa

A pleasure

This response submitted by Frank Kotula on 5/27/01. ( basswtrout@aol.com ) 152.163.189.71

Like always it's been a pleasure to have a person like you carrying a high class of knowledge. It really sucks cause I like to arguee with people in here. You know the old saying:
There's right way
There's a wrong way &
There's our way LOL or is that my way

Well bud glad we met here and keep sending those asphalt shingles.LOL talk to you soon

See what I can do

This response submitted by Elmer on 5/27/01. ( Topstaxidermy@aol.com ) 152.163.188.2

I,ll see what I can do Bill but you know how politicians areLOL. Have a safe drive, looking forward to wetting a line with Ya.

NO you can't go!

This response submitted by BILL K. on 5/27/01. ( ) 64.68.175.70

All right, how much do you want? You can't leave! I'm going to start doing birds
this year. I have lots of questions and these bird people frighten the bejeeses out of
me. They all talk in metaphors and similes and I'm not "in touch" enough to
understand them. Please Bill, Pleeeeease don't leave me....I, I, I, mean US.
Good luck to ya Bill, and thank you for all your help.
Bill K.

But we barely met...

This response submitted by Nancy M. on 5/27/01. ( ) 209.180.200.193

Bill,
I will really miss reading your contributions to this forum. Your knowledge and experience in the field of wildlife art constantly amazes me. I also have great respect for the knowledge you've gained in the field and your very articulate way of communicatig that knowledge. Like Wava, I have bookmarked your website and I will check up on you from time to time.
I hope you can find the time to "drop by" fairly often.
Until then,
Nancy M.

BILL! What will I do?

This response submitted by marty on 5/27/01. ( meshimkus@yahoo.com ) 24.181.196.143

...everybody else on this forum is a CRETIN! (Just kidding folks - lol!) Anyways Bill, you're kidding right? Much like myself (hee-hee), not only are you a great artist but you seem to be addicted to the computer and somehow I can't imagine you being able to stay away...

But, as much as I hope this to NOT be true, if it is, I certainly wish you the best in your endeavors. Somehow I feel you will be moving on to bigger and better things. You seem to be the type of person that has to be moving at all times.

Since you're going away I would like to be the first to ask, "Can I be the new "Cur"? Maybe "Curmudgeon II" or "Curmy" or something? I figure that you're going to be pretty successful by the time you come back and you'll probably be a "symbol" or something - like Prince. You probably won't even want to be "Cur" anymore anyways...

Oh well, good luck to you. You better keep me in your address book (under 'C' for crude). And I certainly have your email if I need to ask Dr. Gizmo something!

Take care,
Marty... er I mean "Curmy"

P.S. Hopping on your name (before the bodies cold) sort've reminds me of an Engineering firm I use to work for. People would leave because of layoffs or terminations or whatever reason(s). And, before they even started packing up their things, word would get out and there would always be a few people immediately hawking the I.T. department for their computer/equipment! What a bunch of vultures - huh? So can I be "Curmy"?

GOOD LUCK TO YUH, BILL

This response submitted by (.) on 5/27/01. ( ) 152.163.188.2

Ok, Marty boy, you wanna be Cur, huh?
Watch the way you answer questions or i'll be on you like a duck after a june bug! grrrrrrrrr!

This response submitted by . on 5/28/01. ( . ) 209.215.181.108

your ok to, will miss................(.)

Gonna Miss Ya!

This response submitted by RickJ on 5/28/01. ( rjones@warrensburg-mo.com ) 216.74.196.2

Bill: You are going to be missed by many. You have brought a touch of class and intellect to our site here. I would say I wish you the best, but seems you always make it the best when working! Don't be a stranger, friend. We all have to work, but we still must have our friends and colleagues. Drop us a line as often as you can and let us know your latest projects and how they are going. You know you always have a place to come and vent when needed! :) Until later... RickJ

Damn Baby!

This response submitted by Lorrie on 5/28/01. ( Lorro1969@aol.com/MissTaxitress@aol.com ) 64.12.96.143

I hate to see you go...

...But...

I LOVE to watch you leave!

;-)

Best Wishes CurMutt.

See ya on Walton's Mountain!

Bill, you can't just...

This response submitted by Danny on 5/29/01. ( sorry,i'm@work. ) 207.43.195.202

...walk away after taking us through the whole range of human emotion from the pain of losing love for the passion of hunting to the hilarity of a drunken Sasquatch charge!
Check back in when you can, we'll be looking for you!

You'll be back

This response submitted by Leanna on 5/30/01. ( scardeer@cornernet.com ) 209.98.65.71

And you were quite the fork in the road! Thankyou.

Hey You!

This response submitted by Shannon on 6/3/01. ( ) 207.89.143.227

I must apologize for being out of the loop for so long..But,
WHERE DO YOU THINK YOUR GOING? Im not done with you yet,
you'll need to scribble me into that busy schedule of yours
for our "whiskey toast". You can run, but you can't hide.. I
will miss you on the site, now that I am back...but I know where
to find ya! Your "IT" in my book cur :) see ya in email land

Return to Category Menu