International Freight Services

Submitted by Craig on 5/9/01. ( moderntaxidermy@bigpond.com.au ) 203.54.121.19

Could someone please advice me on shipping terms.i just purchased a heap of stuff from Mcenzies and on there online ordering i couldnt find surface mail which usually takes up to 12 weeks and is cheap.instead i got my stuff in a week.i ticked ups ground is that surface(slow boat)because i wasnt impressed with a 600.00 frieght bill when all the items cost me 800.00 oh and add the 250.00 tax,unfortantly if ups ground is the cheapest i think ill be giving any future transactions a miss.if anyone can clear me up on this thanks from a broke Craig

Return to Category Menu

Check with DSL

This response submitted by Bill Gaither on 5/9/01. ( WILDART@prodigy.net ) 64.196.210.94

I don't have any experience shipping direct to Australia, but I would suggest shopping DSL and other companies. There are freight forwarding companies that can shop price and arrange shipments for you. Unfortunately UPS is really a domestic carrier no matter their hype and the oversea's rates are exhorbitant. I ship a lot to and from China, Malaysia and Japan and have never had a twelve week shipping time. Perhaps the hold up is with your port authorities or customs and duty officials. The two hundred fifty in duty tax is a matter you'll have to take up with your parliment. (And I thought all along that Australia would be the place for me.)

Emery Worldwide

This response submitted by Steve Rotramel on 5/9/01. ( steve@automatictanner.com ) 208.235.33.72

is fast and reasonable. We've tried them all and Emery is always the best value. For example a 250 pound crate from here in central Illinois to the airport in Sydney is 340 dollars and takes 7 days. Taxes, duty, destination, etc. is extra and out of the shipper's control.

Return to Category Menu