When Asking Advice, Be Specific!

Submitted by Bill Gaither on 5/10/01. ( WILDART@prodigy.net ) 64.196.210.132

Answers can only be as good as the question posted. When asking a question, be specific:

1.) Post an intelligent question, AFTER serching the archives and looking over the recent posts.

2.) State the nature of your question, listing the variables that apply to your specific problem. e.g. A question about painting should include the method and the tools and products used in the process. It is very difficult to answer a specific question with no knowledge of particulars.

3.) Buy a dictionary. Use it. If English is your primary language, you owe it to yourself and others to at least "attempt" to master it.
Try typing you question or response into the windows word processor and editing it and then copying it into the message text window on the forum page.

4.) When you ask a question, wait for the answer. Works where I come from. There are a good number of accomplished individuals who spend their valuable time responding to this forum's postings. Some answers require reference searches and thought, if your question isn't answered in a day, be patient. Wait for an answer.

5.) Take time to thank the individual for his or her lending you assistance. Most respondents list their email address....use it to just say, "thanks". I would hate to think that the efforts of those who help you from time to time aren't appreciated.

6.) Check back to the post frequently. Many times answers require additional information. "Email me." Means just that. I don't know about the other folks, but that email seldom arrives.

7.) Remember above all else: "YOUR lack of preparation does not constitute an emergency for someone else." Seems like a lot of questions should be posted prior to doing something, and not in the midst of a losing battle.

With that having been said, I'm going back to "Curmudgeoning"......and making out those royalty checks to Jeff.

Return to Category Menu

like these?

This response submitted by Dave on 5/10/01. ( ) 12.82.137.82

am thinking about working on fsih? what is the best way to do this

do I need tools or can I use my own?

how do keep frozen while stuffing

Skin has dried on bench. Who makes a form for a bass. Will some dragster fuel my pappy uses for racing soak it back up and degrese it

hope you can help. thanks in Advance

LOL Bill!

This response submitted by Leanna on 5/10/01. ( scardeer@cornernet.com ) 209.98.65.73

Welcome aboard. Have you checked the archives on this one?! It's already been said, tried and failed! But I will be forthright in saying I can't WAIT to see the response you'll be getting! LOL

Get your flogging armor on and get ready for the maelstrom of malevolence. That has kind of a ring to it doesn't it?!

And for what it's worth, thanks for the posting. Hopefully repetition of this subject will "kick in" someday.

Dave, Whaaaaaaa?

This response submitted by Shuld Know on 5/10/01. ( ) 64.196.210.94

Which question you want told furst?

What we have here is a failure to communicate!

This response submitted by John C on 5/10/01. ( ) 208.44.115.69

More of the lead me by the hand group. I dont know how to do research.

Why is that?

Maybe those test you took in college and cheated on are starting to show up.

I ran into that more this past weekend. Out at 40th and Plum, 20 miles from nowhere, I saw people who did not know how to ride a horse 10 mile to camp, many of these have been racing for years. It was not my job to say turn around and go the other way. But I did say "Check your map!"

So have you checked yopur map of life lately? Do you have taxidermy goals? How are you going to meet those goals? Whos going to guide you? There are tons of information out there. USE THEM ALLL! "Right Larry" not Goldman either.

Nice Post but

This response submitted by Terry V on 5/10/01. ( ) 216.120.182.202

Bill, I'll save space and say " what Leanna said"

Nice try Bill

This response submitted by Bill Yox on 5/11/01. ( ) 152.163.188.71

Join the club. Ive been called every name in the forum for that very suggestion. Go ahead and stress the grammar/spelling angle. They called me an embarrassment to the industry for saying something to that effect, not too long ago. LOL Do what I do. I read thru the titles, and skip many, and YOU know why I do!

Yox,

This response submitted by Bill Gaither on 5/11/01. ( WILDART@prodigy.net ) 64.196.209.228

It is hard to answer a question when you can't decipher the text, the meaning or the issue. Maybe that is why some folks never learn. Like the old fellow once said, "I kin read readin' but I kain't read writin' sometimes."

Yes Bill

This response submitted by Bill Yox on 5/14/01. ( ) 205.188.208.171

We all know that. What we are trying to say, in jest, is that we have suggested that for SO long, we are criticized for it. Welcome to that club!

spelling

This response submitted by smiling on 5/14/01. ( ) 205.188.208.171

bill: sense your on the subject of putting people down for spelling;
searching is not spelt serching. make a note and don't let it happen
again.

to smiling

This response submitted by from frowning on 5/15/01. ( ) 12.82.136.205

you want the word "since" instead of "sense" and "spelt" is not a word, you must mean "spelled"

make a note of it and don't let it happen again

thanks

This response submitted by smiling on 5/15/01. ( ) 205.188.208.171

the first [sense] was a misspelled word, the second was not.
noted thanks

Smiling,

This response submitted by Leanna on 5/16/01. ( ) 209.98.65.55

Have you ever been whacked on the head with a dictionary?

leanna

This response submitted by smiling on 5/16/01. ( ) 152.163.188.164

My hope was, that you would NOT see this post.
wrong.......hehe

Ironic but...

This response submitted by Leanna on 5/16/01. ( ) 209.98.65.59

Thats everyone elses hope where YOU are concerned! he he

Smiling:

This response submitted by Bill Gaither on 5/16/01. ( WILDART@prodigy.net ) 64.196.210.155

Here is the "a" from search.

leanna

This response submitted by smiling on 5/16/01. ( ) 198.81.23.76

Now you showing your nasty stripe.
I get tired of you telling every one there a dummy because
there spelling isn't up to yours. Lets let this one drop .you and I
need not fight.Your spelling or mine is no better than others.
It's like the pot calling the kettle black.

smiling?

This response submitted by Leanna on 5/17/01. ( scardeer@cornernet.com ) 209.98.65.58

I wasn't fighting, were you? Just making a humorous comeback to YOUR humorous comeback!

Nasty stripe? Are we talking underwear here?! I would NEVER show that! LOL

AND I've never called anyone a "dummy". ;)

Smiling : there a dummy - should be they're a dummy.

This response submitted by the truth be told on 5/17/01. ( ) 151.201.62.1

For someone whose lot in life is to critique others spelling, perhaps you should check your own before hitting submit. Oh, that's right, both they're, their, and there are in the computer dictionary as valid words. Better go back to grammer school.

That's it!

This response submitted by Lisa on 5/17/01. ( ) 63.14.91.17

My denial is REALLY over!I'm getting reading glasses, no wonder the print in the dictionary is so small.I have been spelling,their as thier, and no one even picked on me!(well, to my face anyway).lol

spelling

This response submitted by smiling on 5/17/01. ( ) 205.188.208.201

My point is only bill y, marty and almost roof [1 small misspelled word]
are perfect [as far as spelling goes haha] the rest make mistakes
I have only critique those who have posted something about poor
spellers.
Now that I think about it, Only marty has not misspelled a word yet.

no malice intended.

the word of the day [malice]
desire to cause pain, injury, or distress to another

No malice taken...

This response submitted by Lisa on 5/17/01. ( ) 63.14.91.17

unless there is an undertone of your discription,that I need to become aware of.

ahh, this crapola again

This response submitted by Bill Yox on 5/17/01. ( ) 205.188.209.171

We ALL misspell (?) words, mixing up the "i's before e's "thing, or hitting an S and also getting a D because they are next to each other. But some guys dont spell words even remotely close to being correct. Sorry, thats just poor. My own pride would dictate that I try to improve, being in a service oriented biz. Yes, I skip my apostrophes, etc. I do it on purpose, so guys know Im me, so to speak. I really dont care too much if guys dont spell well, I just generally skip those posts. I once suggested we all learn better spelling for the sake of our own individual businesses, but the "you know whats" among us came out in force. Who cares, you know? Enjoy this site, and dont worry about me any. Also, you had better get to know people better in here, as Leanna, my cyber love, is just funning with you...You dont wanna see her MEAN STREAK, trust me, or ask Jeff...

shoes

This response submitted by smiling on 5/17/01. ( ) 198.81.23.76

bill
i just can't get that crapola off my shoe

Smiling....

This response submitted by Leanna on 5/18/01. ( ) 209.98.65.53

Pull the two by four out of your butt and scrape it off! LOL

Yikes! Bill was RIGHT wasn't he? LOL

Return to Category Menu