Charles Strunk Passes Away

Submitted by Ken Edwards on 5/16/01. ( ken@taxidermy.net ) 207.69.38.181

Noted taxidermist Charles Strunk of Memphis, Tennessee died at home in his sleep Tuesday night or Wednesday morning.

Charles was a long-time NTA board member and officer, serving the National Taxidermists Association from 1985 to 1998 in many different capacities, including secretary and treasurer.

Charles was also the organizer and promoter of one of the most popular regional taxidermy competitions, the Southern Regional Taxidermy Convention.

No details on funeral arrangements are available at this time, but will be forthcoming.

Our thoughts and prayers go out to Carol and her family, as well as all of Charles' friends and associates.

Return to Category Menu

Our prayers for the Strunk Family

This response submitted by Kim Owens on 5/16/01. ( ) 216.167.155.162

I am so sorry to here of Charles' passing. His friends and family will be in our prayers and Charles will be missed terribly. For those who never had the chance to meet him- he was a wonderful and very colorful man and loved the taxidermy industry. Our best to you, Carol.

Prayers are with you Charles

This response submitted by John C on 5/16/01. ( ) 208.44.115.107

Alot of water has passed under the bridge on I-40 at Memphis. Over the years I have learned many things about taxidermy from Charles.

Charles here to the twenty plus years we have known each other.

God Bless his family at this time.

Sincere Condolences

This response submitted by Mark C on 5/16/01. ( srceight@i2k.com ) 198.92.78.36

My condolences go out to the family of Charles Strunk. These aren't the easiest times and losing a loved one is always difficult. I did not know Charles personally, but I respect and admire all those who complete the long journey through life to be with God.

He will be missed by us all

This response submitted by Mike Kirkhart on 5/16/01. ( ) 216.97.197.48

I was able to get to know Charles as a devoted NTA board member and fellow taxidermist. It is hard to beleive sometimes that the time we spend with each other is so short here on this earth. We will miss you Charles. Thanks for the devotion to us as your brothers in taxiderm.

Details

This response submitted by Cindy on 5/17/01. ( Ntahq@aol.com ) 152.163.188.9

The following are funeral arrangements for Charles Strunk:
Forest Hills Cemetery East on I-40, Memphis, TN Thursday, May 17th @ 5-8 PM and 10 AM on Friday morning.

You may send your cards to Carol and the children at 893 South Highland, Memphis, TN 38111

Goodbye, Charles, and thanks!

This response submitted by Bill Yox on 5/17/01. ( ) 205.188.209.109

My first paying customer so many years ago hired me to massacre, I mean MOUNT a coon head on a plaque, with an open mouth. Well, I used one of Charles' jawsets, obviously one of the first open mouths Id ever done. I can remember spending many evenings just looking at those coon jaws, waiting for the opportunity to install them into that first "customer" mount. Thank you, Charles, and have a wonderful journey...

Prayers for Charles family

This response submitted by Frankie Thompson on 5/18/01. ( ) 64.12.96.110

Charles was a fine man and had a passion for taxidermy. My condolenses go out to Charles family and his wife Carol for a devoted husband and father. My family and I will be praying for ya'll in your time of grief. May God Bless.

Deepest Condolences

This response submitted by Harry and Carol Paulson on 5/22/01. ( taxidermyschool@juno.com ) 64.24.186.190

Dear Carol and family, We just read about Charlie and please know that he will be missed by all of us. It was wonderful to see you both in Springfield last month. I am so glad I had the opportunity to speak with Charlie briefly. Our hearts and prayers are with you. Carol and Harry Paulson

Return to Category Menu