Moral Question

Submitted by Randal R. Waties on 10/12/01. ( rwenglish1@aol.com ) 152.163.189.135

Subject: A MORAL QUESTION

Here is a moral question for you.  This is an imaginary situation, but it's interesting to decide what one you would do.

The situation:

You are in the Middle East, and there is a huge flood in progress. Many homes have been lost, water supplies compromised and structures destroyed.  You are a photographer getting still photos for the CNN news service and are traveling alone, looking for particularly poignant scenes.  You come across Osama Bin Laden who has been swept away by the floodwaters.  He is barely hanging on to a tree limb and is about to go under.  You can either put down your camera and save him, or take a
Pulitzer Prize winning photograph of him as he loses his grip on the limb.

So, here's the question ..... and think carefully before you answer the
question below:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
Which lens would you use?

Return to Category Menu

Well, Randall

This response submitted by CUR on 10/12/01. ( WILDART@prodigy.net ) 64.196.210.104

Since it would probably be cloudy, and the strength of the scene would call for some depth of field. I would chose my 205 mm lens with ISO 400 flim at F 5.6 at say 1/200th. The question is, who would hold my camera while I held that sucker under?

?

This response submitted by Mark C on 10/12/01. ( srceoght@i2k.com ) 198.92.78.48

I don't understand Bill, why would you bother getting wet? Too cheap to use one of those .338 rounds?

Disagree with Cur

This response submitted by Robert E. Phillips on 10/12/01. ( bob.phillips@cabelas.com ) 63.124.205.5

Cur,
I would respectfully disagree with you. I would chose ISO 62 with a very small aperture, say f22 at 1 sec. That way you get the motion of the water to blur yet still can capture him gulping water.

OK Guys

This response submitted by CUR on 10/12/01. ( WILDART@prodigy.net ) 64.196.210.104

The problem with the 338 is it is hard to just "wound" someone so that they suffer a slow death. Tell you what: Robert, you take the picture, Mark, you hold the rifle, I'll drown the sumbitch, Randall, you film it and record it for history.

Trick Question?

This response submitted by marty on 10/12/01. ( meshimkus@yahoo.com ) 64.148.146.122

Right? The Middle East is all sand? Or, you're the bus driver? You don't bury survivors? Alright, alright... I'd first set the camera down and relieve myself from both ends on the little man. Maybe even use his beard for t.p. Then, I'd probably print the picture in black and white for a more dramatic affect. I'd sell the picture for big bucks. Then I'd sell my house and move to the middle of nowhere and raise a family of country mice -lol!

You're all wrong

This response submitted by Dave on 10/12/01. ( dave.belanger@cabelas.com ) 63.124.205.5

No need to take that photo. The SOD would'nt drown. Dont ya all know that $HI+ floats!
Think of some other possible means of life or death!

Have a good day,
Dave

I would

This response submitted by Elmer on 10/12/01. ( Topstaxidermy@aol.com ) 64.12.96.134

Throw him a life line of debt cord and light it off. Then I would throw the biggest rock I could find on what is left of his head and if he had already sunk I would throw the rock hoping to hit him or let him find his way to the surface so I could do it all over again. Pictures ain't worth it .

Return to Category Menu