Need Desperate Help? Life and Death/ Dan Hudzik

Submitted by Dan Hudzik on 10/20/01. ( hudzik@madisontelco.com ) 206.156.177.76

Hi everyone. I knew the title would grab your attention. This is not Taxidermy related Sorry guys and gals. I guess in a way if we all consider each other family then it is taxidermy related. Well here it goes.
I just got back from the Cardinal Glennon Children's Hospital in St. Louis, MO. I have a family that I am very close to and their 3 month old son has been diagnosed with Cystic Fibrosis. I told the family that I am going to start a fund raiser for them starting tomorrow. The new formula they have him on is $30 a can not to mention the hospital expenses and everything else that is involved at this time. As some of you are aware my wife and myself are expecting our 2nd child and the thought of this is very scary. Any way I do want to help them as much as I can and if I can count on any of you to lend a hand it would be greatly appreciated. The family will be receiving state help and tons of local support. The childs name is Dakota Michael Stagner and he is 3 months old right now and only weighs 6 pounds. They are having to give him constant support and medical attention. The average life expectancy is 35 years old. Of course with this diesease like with others it doesn't discriminate on basis of age. If anyone is willing to make a donation to this family please contact me. If you do not that is fine but please consider giving to the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation or maybe a local family in your area. I know we all have our own problems and a lot of us have been donating to all of the other great causes out there that our Great Nation happens to be facing at these difficult times. What ever you can donate wether time, advice, or a monetary donation will be greatly appreciated. The family did not ask me to do this. I have a child of my own and another one on the way and I can not imagine the hardships this family is about to face for the rest of their lives. Here is my contact info. THANK ALL OF YOU FOR READING THIS POST!

Dan Hudzik
108 East Benton
Mt. Olive, IL 62069

(217)999-5007

Return to Category Menu

Count me in

This response submitted by Dixie Classic Panels on 10/20/01. ( dcpanels@otelco.net ) 63.163.147.224

Dan
I'll match your donation dollar for dollar
Jim Ellis

Count me in too!

This response submitted by Cathy on 10/20/01. ( wdecors@aol.com ) 152.163.188.162

Sending it via paypal Bud, Tell the family I'll keep their little boy in my prayers.
Cathy McGrath

Donation Already!

This response submitted by Dan Hudzik on 10/21/01. ( hudzik@madisontelco.com ) 206.156.177.81

Jim and Cathy Thank you so much! Jim I will be in touch with you. Cathy, Thank you for your generous donation already. I knew I could count on friends and those that I have dealt with in the past.
THANK YOU AGAIN! Dan Hudzik

Hey Dan

This response submitted by Troy Peterson on 10/21/01. ( truelifetaxidermy@hotmail.com ) 205.188.209.70

Hey Dan, just got your message. Drop me a note. I've got an idea that might work to get some good help for these people.

Dan

This response submitted by Ken on 10/22/01. ( darville@sowega.net ) 63.166.164.56

...I dont know what these doctors have told these good folks but
I am sure it is not all negative. My nephew has CF also. When he was born in 1985, the average life expectancy was under 20 years. He still must take daily breathing treatments and swallow handfuls of pills at every meal. But his quality of life under the circumstances is excellent. He plays football , baseball,and is a weightlifter.He has an after school job, drives a car and fancies himself a real ladies man...a typical teen.
CF research has come along way and is very promising with alot of new
treatments and hope for the near future. My sister has good insurance with her job...treatment can be expensive in the long term. But the very idea that the life expectancy has grown that far over such a short period of time is very encouraging I think. Incidently, my friends wife has it as well...she is 36...and doing just fine.
I wish these folks the best of luck and I applaud your efforts in helping them.

Thanks

This response submitted by Dan Hudzik on 10/31/01. ( hudzik@madisontelco.com ) 206.156.177.62

I just got another doantion from a fellow Illinois Taxidermist. Thank you Richard for your generosity. It will be presented to the family tomorrow.
As an update I have set up the benefit account at out local bank and the town here is really coming together to help support Dakota. In a couple of months we are preparing a raffle/auction at a benefit to be held at our local VFW. I know it will go well. Thanks again. Dan Hudzik/ Dakota Michael Stagner Benefit

Return to Category Menu