Sorry but Proud Dad!

Submitted by Charles Gossett on 10/21/01. ( Marl4570@aol.com ) 152.163.188.195

Well, my 6yr old Daughter got her first deer today..She shot a spike with my .270 using 110grn bullets..I can't put to words the day we had today in the woods together.
We started the day at 8:30 a.m. and didn't get the deer until we were getting ready to leave 30 minutes before shooting hours ended.
I don't care if I am ever successful at getting a deer again, this was the best experience I have ever had.
Proud Dady
Charles Gossett

Return to Category Menu

GREAT Charles

This response submitted by George on 10/21/01. ( georoof@aol.com ) 152.163.189.70

Super achievement for the young lady. Congrats to you both. (Is it caped out, already? LOL)

Funny you asked George..LOL

This response submitted by Charles Gossett on 10/21/01. ( Marl4570@aol.com ) 152.163.188.164

On the way home she gave me the detailed planes for her deer. She wants it done by this years Sports Travel and Boat Show with a plaque with her name on it to show everyone. Then she wants to take it to show and tell at school, and last but not least she said,"We can put it in my room for a few weeks, then your show room so "everyone" can see."
LOL..So I gotta get busy..LOl

Charles

Bravo

This response submitted by Tony Finazzo on 10/22/01. ( finazducks@aol.com ) 198.81.23.70

My Dad and Uncles started taking me hunting and fishing when I was five and I really think if more people took their kids hunting, there would be many more motivated kids in this country. I see the results of not taking them every day and it doesn't paint a pretty picture for the future. Way to go Charles
Tony

Way to go Charles!

This response submitted by Doug M on 10/22/01. ( ) 65.161.133.41

Congrats to you and especially to your little girl. A once in a lifetime experience that neither of you will ever forget. The youngest of my three kids will start hunting next year after several years of "tagging along". He's so excited about it he can hardly wait. Last week he caught his first coho salmon so he has now caught all five species of Pacific salmon. His reaction was "Dad, where can we go to catch Atlantic salmon?" These things are what's really important in life. Parents who don't take their kids along are really missing out.

Thanks for sharing that with us Charles.

I can't wait

This response submitted by Shane on 10/22/01. ( ) 216.240.78.17

Congrats Charles.
I have a 2yr old son and a 7month old girl, and I can't hardly wait to introduce them to hunting and fishing. I killed a doe with my bow the other day and my 2yr. old and my two nephews (3 and 5yrs.) just had to watch me gut and skin the deer before I processed it. My son is still talking about "daddy's deer".

Nice

This response submitted by Frank Kotula on 10/22/01. ( basswtrout@aol.com ) 172.148.224.213

Great to hear about out future hunters!

Hurrah for you Charles!

This response submitted by Linda C on 10/22/01. ( lcline@cheqnet.net ) 64.33.183.76

As someones daughter, It thrills me to see you Dads taking your girls on hunting trips with you!And also kudos to your wife for not believing that little girls shouldn't hunt.As far as I'm concerned hunting is one of the greatest ways to bond with your kids.Quiet one on one time plus lessons in responsibility and sportsmanship. Good for you and congratulations to your daughter!

How wonderful

This response submitted by Lisa on 10/22/01. ( hobbiel@msn.com ) 63.14.91.185

She will remember that day for the rest of her life! It's very important that children are involved with the outdoors. They learn so much and respect the natural world around them.

Way to go Charles, you have given one the best gifts a parent can give...your time. A Father and Daughter,is a very special relationship.

Congrats Charles

This response submitted by JEM on 10/22/01. ( ) 208.48.229.66

If more kids were introduced to nature I believe there would be less violence in this world. Time in nature just does something for the sole.
My 9 yr. old son has that burning desire that I never realized I have let dimenish - never knew it until I see it in him. The sleepless nights just waiting in anticipation for the next morning, bring back good memories.
Great job Dad - you mount that buck and put it in the shop where everyone can see it - it is a trophy!

nothing to be sorry about

This response submitted by Dave Toms on 10/22/01. ( ) 66.109.131.148

Tell your daughter congratulations. We want to see some pics dude. My daughter took her first with a bow last year so I know the feeling all to well. Congrats to both of ya

Dave

ps how you liking MT?

I like that kid already!

This response submitted by CHUCK on 10/22/01. ( Chuckcnctaxi@aol.com ) 205.188.208.10

When my daughter was 3 I took her along on some private land where I was the only hunter come shotgun season.It was the last day of season and the 2 hours that we were out there were memorable to say the least.I wrapped her in my blaze orange sweatshirt so she could sneak along behind me. we'd come to a stick which I could easily walk over and she'd have to "climb a log" We didn't harvest a deer that day although we'd kicked up a bedded doe.It was the topic for nearly a week.
Congratulations to your daughter.Neither of you will ever forget the day.
-CHUCK

Good Job Charles

This response submitted by Brad on 10/22/01. ( bgcorn@sitestar.net ) 208.25.240.132

I am taking my ten year daughter deer hunting for the first time this year. I just hope she does as well as your girl did! Congratulations to both of you.

Must be nice

This response submitted by Travis on 10/24/01. ( ) 12.13.248.12

In KS we have to wait till our children are 12 years old before they
can hunt...7 more years....seems like a long time. He loves running my
trapline with me tho...congrats to your young`n

12 - try 16

This response submitted by JEM on 10/25/01. ( ) 208.48.229.66

here in NY it's 16 before they can hunt with a gun (14 with bow), just another way the liberals of this state rule us! Is it any suprise that the # of hunters in NY is declining? 16 is too late, they are onto differnet things by then.

Return to Category Menu