The words of JFK

Submitted by CUR on 10/2/01. ( WILDART@prodigy.net ) 64.196.210.161

I have never been a liberal. Let me set that straight, (as if you all didn't know that....lol!) I have a lot of friends and associates who were years ago. When John Kennedy ran for president, I voted for Nixon, but this quote says well of the man.

One of the old Kennedy supporters and longtime friend, Bert Workum, retired staffer for the Cincinnati Post, sent this along, stating that no matter how screwed up Kennedy's personal life was, there was merit in the man. I agree. This is a statement made by JFK regarding terrorism...(Yes, it was around then too.)

Quote: "Terror is not a new weapon. Throughout history it has been used by those who could not prevail, either by persuasion or example. But inevitably they fail, either because men are not afraid to die for a life worth living, or because the terrorists themselves came to realize that free men cannot be frightened by threats, and that aggression would meet its own response. And it is in the light of that history that every nation today should know, be he friend or foe, that the United States has both the will and the weapons to join free men in standing up to their responsibilities." (President John F. Kennedy, speaking in New York City, September 25th, 1961.)

Return to Category Menu

Return to Category Menu