Dave's Dumb Question of the week

Submitted by critter coroner on 10/28/01. ( rkerr1998@aol.com ) 63.36.72.56

Here's the first in a series of dumb questions.

If you put an icecube in a freeze drier will it disappear?

and more importantly, who can freezedry some icecream for me?

Dave K
"cause the freezers are full of dead stuff"

Return to Category Menu

I'll take a shot

This response submitted by Tony Finazzo on 10/28/01. ( finazducks@aol.com ) 198.81.23.73

Yes your ice cube will disapear. and it will not become water first. This is called sublimation. Ice Cream can be freeze dried . Taste like chicken LOL.
Tony

Right-Toe, Tony!

This response submitted by CUR on 10/28/01. ( WILDART@prodigy.net ) 64.196.210.176

Sublimation removes water without thawing. You could freeze dry ice cream. You'd have powdered milk, sugar and flavoring or freeze dried fruit particles left. When "Unthawed" and water was added and the mixture heated and then frozen it would taste like freezer burned chicken.....

about that ice cream

This response submitted by Bill Yox on 10/28/01. ( ) 152.163.188.6

Freeze dried ice cream looks sort of like a marshmellow, but it isnt gooey. It also tastes good. Ive had it a number of times. In case someone asks, it was neopolitan, and the strawberry part tasted better then when it was real ice cream!

Same for freeze dried Strawberrys/

This response submitted by John C on 10/28/01. ( ) 208.44.115.158

Strawberrys and peachs do well in the freeze drier. Add some nondairy powdered creamer the sugar pack a little water and just like (not) Grandmas strawberry short cake. well it was the best we could do in Southwest asia

Then could one assume.....

This response submitted by Mark on 10/29/01. ( HeadsOrTailsTax@hotmail.com ) 206.141.249.249

if you freeze dried a chicken it would taste like freeze dried ice cream?

Thanks

This response submitted by critter coroner on 10/31/01. ( rkerr1998 ) 152.163.188.6

Thanks for the $25 word of the week. Still tryin to think up next weeks dumb question.

I remember having freeze dried ice cream when I was a kid, around 25 years ago while on a class trip to the NY Planetarium. Good stuff, and that giant meteorite was pretty cool too.

Dave

hey dave off the subject

This response submitted by mark on 11/4/01. ( buckshottaxiderm@aol.com ) 64.12.97.9

hey dave can you e mail me about any meetings or news letters thanks mark

Return to Category Menu