what fleshing machine to buy?

Submitted by John on 10/3/01. ( ) 207.96.128.101

I'm thinking of buying a fleshing machine. I read an article in the Taxidermy Today that was very informative. It seems that the quebec lite is what I nead. Can this machine be as good as they say? I would realy like some feed back from owners who has used them.

Thanks.

Return to Category Menu

Ha , this is funny.

This response submitted by Igor beaver on 10/4/01. ( ) 152.163.188.162

Give me two guesses as to who really authored this post. No, just give me one guess! Shameless, it is.

quebec lite?

This response submitted by Geraldo on 10/4/01. ( ) 207.195.212.53

Is it a mini flescher? never heard of it.

I purchased a Quebec Lite

This response submitted by Tony on 10/5/01. ( tholder@attala.k12.ms.us ) 216.229.193.150

It works great. I bought the whole unit, table and all. I have fleshed probably 8 capes on it and it works great. It takes some getting used to, but once you get the hang of it, I bet you will love it and Gerald Tessier will go out of his way to help you, also. I don't think you will be disappointed with it if you decide to buy it.

Tony

To Igor and Geraldo

This response submitted by Gerard Tessier on 10/5/01. ( fleshing@atreide.net ) 207.96.128.103

Hello friends,

I just read your posts. Could it be that you are competitors that feel the heet? Your email address is missing. Igor Beaver sounds familiar. The original post askes a question : what fleshing machine is the best buy today? The person wants an honest answer.

Call me toll free if you wish to discuss it further, privately.

Gerry

Van Dykes Dakota Fleshing Machines

This response submitted by Dan Hudzik on 10/9/01. ( hudzik@madisontelco.com ) 206.156.177.75

I use the Dakot IV from Van Dykes. It was a case of what can I get for my dollar. For $400 I bought this machine from Van Dykes and if I had to buy another one I would try the larger Dakota II. I have fleshed everything you can think of on this machine including a L/S ZEBRA! Yep on a small machine like the Dakota IV I have been able to flesh fox legs and even faces without cutting any holes. Granted I guess if you use any of the machines out there enough that you can get the same results. The best thing is the price, time saved, quiet motor, ability to put a variety of hides on it, and the machine is very easy to adjust for what ever animal you are working on. Hope this helps. Dan

Fleshing Machine

This response submitted by hugh on 10/19/01. ( ) 24.213.59.178

I have a Quebec Fleshing machine that I bought 5 years ago and love it. I met Mr. Tessier at the Worlds this year and he gave me some tips to make it work better for me. I even tried out the Lite and found it as good as my old machine. Mr. Tessier will go out of his way to help you out, so you can't miss with either one.

Return to Category Menu