New prices for the QUEBEC FLESHING MACHINES

Submitted by Gerard Tessier on 10/11/01. ( fleshing@atreide.net ) 207.96.128.101

Fellow taxidermists,

I was confronted to a reality problem we all come to sooner or later.My accountant told me that my prices were to low. With the best sales ever this last year, the bottom line is unacceptable. A price increase is the only solution.

I lived such a situation in my taxidermy years. My increase was minimal, my profits unsifusient, I increased my hours and the end result was a deception ten years later. We taxidermists are suckers because we like the "work".

A few days ago a hired a man to cut down 3 mature pines that were dangerous. He charged me $500.00, souded reasonnable,they had to be remouved so I agreed. It took him six hours to do the job. That means he made $83.00 an hour. I had a car problem they charged me $65.00 an hour.This is our world, are you charging such prices?

We nead to have self confidence, sell our art what it's worth and stop comparing to what our competitors are charging.

I know that the Quebec fleshing machines are the best on the market, regardless of price. For this reason I decide to increase my prices in order to get a decent profit.

NEW PRICE LIST.

Quebec Pro : Price U.S.

Head unit : $825.00

Head and motor : $1025.00

Complete with table and legs : $1275.00

Delux table (laminated pine) + $125.00

Delux table (laminated oak) +$250.00

Extra blade : $105.00

Blade cleaning and sharpening : $35.00

Quebec Lite:

Head unit : $485.00

Head and motor : $625.00

Complete : $885.00

delux tables, blades and sharpening are the same price.

In a few days, our web site will show these new prices. We will also have a copy of the article on fleshing machines printed in Taxidermy Today Sept. issue.

Gerry

Return to Category Menu

YOUR PRICE IS REALLY OUTRAGEOUS! NO WAY!

This response submitted by FEDUP on 10/11/01. ( FEDUP WITHHIGH PRICES.COM ) 205.188.209.165

First of all, you do have good equipment. But your pricing is really unrealistic and far too much! Does God make and guarantee your stuff? REASONABLE PRICES IS WHAT IS NEEDED. NOT SOMEONE PUFFED UP WITH PRIDE OVER GOOD EQUIPMENT. BE REASONABLE AND DON'T RAPE PEOPLE! HAVE YOU SOLD ALL OF YOUR MACHINES? BE HONEST. I DIDN'T THINK SO. WONDER WHY? DO YOU KNOW? JUST HOW MUCH IS ENOUGH? I WOULD LIKE TO BUY TWO OR THREE OF YOUR MACHINES HOWEVER THE PRICE IS UNJUSTIFIABLE! AS YOU KNOW, YOU ARE FREE TO SET YOUR OWN PRICES, BUT ALL BECAUSE SOMEONE CANNOT AFFORD THE COST DOES NOT MEAN THAT THEY ARE USING SOMETHING THAT IS SECOND RATE. GET REAL MAN! YOU CAN EXPLAIN ALL YOU WANT BUT WHEN ALL IS SAID AND DONE, YOU MAY BE THE HIGHEST PRICED, BUT EVEN THE BEST QUALITY HAS REALISTIC LIMITS ON THE POPULATION THAT WILL USE IT OR REFUSE IT. I REALLY DON'T EXPECT YOU TO UNDERSTAND THIS MESSAGE UNLESS I THROW IN A FEW BUCKS(NO PUN INTENDED). DO YOU UNDERSTAND THE WORD GREED?
NOT WANTING TO BE OFFENSIVE---JUST HONEST.

Ouch

This response submitted by FedUpToo on 10/11/01. ( ) 198.175.11.5

Is that a hump on your back or is it that your A$$ everything else is so high?

Who are you mr. FEDUP?

This response submitted by Gerard Tessier on 10/11/01. ( fleshing@atreide.net ) 207.96.128.106

Mr. FEDUP

I tried to send you an email but of corse your address isn't ligitamate. I offer you the opportunity to call me, toll free, at 1-800-567-5080 and I will explaine to you the reasons why I had to make that decision.

Shouthing on the internet is very bold, and your comments are simply wrong. A taxidermist that has more than fifthy deer heads and takes one hour to flesh one,will take fifty hours to do the work. Chuck from Pine Theck in Michigan told me that he can now flesh a cape in ten minutes on a Quebec Lite, I say an average of 3o min. This means a saving of 50% the equivalent of $500.00 a year. The machine is paid in less than 2 years and it's made for a life time. Ither your a competitor trying to divert reality or your simply can't add.

By the way, Eager Beaver is more expensive and you don't get a table and ajustable legs.

Gerry

It's all about

This response submitted by Wayne on 10/11/01. ( ) 216.63.216.94

supply and demmand. Taxidermist who demand the best, Quebec supplies it. It's no different than $50,000 SUV's. The women demand them ,the manufacter's supply them. Popularity drives up prices.
Look at the the price of a deer hunting lease here in Texas. For a chance to take a big buck, you will pay from 4 to $8,000 to these greedy landowners who are to lazy to run a cattle ranch when they can sell a deer and make what they would for ten cows. The corporate fat cat types demand them, greedy land owners supply them.
High price vehicles won't put an end to driving like high price deer will put an end to hunting in Texas though.

Gerard

This response submitted by wayne on 10/11/01. ( ) 216.63.216.94

don't take this out of context. I didnt infer that you were greedy, I was just spouting off making a comparison about supply and demand about our hunting problem here in Texas where only the wealthy can afford to get a nice buck. I don't even own one of your machines but from what I hear, their the best on the market.You charge what you think your product is worth, and make a decent living.

Gerry

This response submitted by Bill Yox on 10/11/01. ( ) 205.188.208.201

Looks like you have yourself some people with too much time on their hands from the jackass club. Sell your product for whatever price you choose, and back the sale with your good direction. Dont worry about phony postings in here.

get what you pay for

This response submitted by Vic on 10/12/01. ( ) 63.178.215.164

The title says it all. I bought a "Second rate" unit a couple years ago because it was all I could afford. (I subscribe the the theory that I refuse to go into debt ever again). I got mine before the Quebec lite was on the market and the pro just wasn't in my budget. Had it of been, thats what I would have purchased.
The man says he reviewed his books and had to raise the price, unless you can prove otherwise, don't knock him. I'm sure all of you have had a price increase from time to time to cover your expenses and purchase the new homes or trucks or even equipment to do your job better. If you want the best, you have to pay the price,otherwise take you business elsewhere.

when does the price increase go into effect?

This response submitted by tom on 10/14/01. ( ) 205.188.208.165

when does ther price increase go into effect?

I know prices need to be raise

This response submitted by Leon on 10/27/01. ( wleon12@hotmail.com ) 208.252.151.82

if you are forced to choose between quality and prices.....and you take prices who looses......the manufacture with one less machine sold...and the buyer because the has a second rate machine. I been debating about buying a quebec lite..... I think it will be smart to make the lite, a bit cheaper so you can get people in your product. I would buy your machine. the lite one, after a few years once I have more money, I will buy you bigger machine. If you product is good I will be hooked for good....... I think by making the lite more affordable you are actually investing on a bigger market......otherwise someone else will

Leon

Return to Category Menu