Gonna buy from Dan Beyer?

Submitted by MarkC on 3/26/02. ( srceight@i2k.net ) 198.92.78.17

If so, think carefully before you do and also check the response I left for R.W on his 3/24 post.

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu

Why don't you spell it out,

This response submitted by h.o. on 3/26/02. ( ) 64.158.71.157

instead of making everybody do detective work.

No Problems

This response submitted by Dave Ringstrom on 3/26/02. ( ringer@integraonline.com ) 64.122.32.149

I have delt with Dan. No problems with him in my dealings.

Sorry to say...

This response submitted by MarkC on 3/26/02. ( ) 198.92.78.8

...h.o. but, that's just the way it is. Many who deal here are very reputable but the sad fact is, if you are going to buy (especially from this guy), you better check things out. As the saying goes, buyer beware. It's good dave that you have not gotten taken by this guy, but, he definitely did not hold up his end of the bargan with me and I thought others should also be advised. I can't believe I am the only one.
Good luck to all.

Here's a deduction, Watson....

This response submitted by Lisa on 3/26/02. ( hobbiel@msn.com ) 63.14.183.4

so far you are the only one that doesn't have a REAL name, h.o. And here is some spelling, G-U-T-L-E-S-S for not having an email either!

Well...

This response submitted by Dan on 3/27/02. ( ) 204.203.55.46

Mark,
I am quite suprised to hear about your problems. I don't recall any problems with you receiving any of your casts. I can tell you that I NEVER received ANY e-mails regarding your missing casts! I have dealt with many fine people here on this forum and I do answer many questions quite regularly here. I'ts not like I have have dissapeared. I must say that I am fairly distressed about your comments! I don't recall any problems with anyone any except perhaps being a little a little slow sometimes, since I am working out of town quite a bit. Please e-mail me regarding your "missing" casts! Perdix2@hotmail.com. I don't know about the rest of you, but I don't normally post my e-mail because of the overwhelming amount of junk mail that I receive. Once again Mark, I certainly appreciate your comments regarding my less than reputable service considering the fact that I do have several items for sale on this forum at this time! I do feel that you have completely misrepresented me as a scam artist!

Dan

This response submitted by MarkC on 3/27/02. ( ) 198.92.78.19

Not looking to get into a pissing match here but the fact of the matter is that if you were sincere in what you say, you would email me which you haven't. Regardless of what you are trying to tell the good people here, you did recieve my emails, even on the address's you switched too. Yea it's been awhile and I kissed that money goodbye a long time ago, hope others don't need to do the same.

Dan

This response submitted by MarkC on 3/27/02. ( srceight@i2k.net ) 198.92.78.19

Not looking to get into a pissing match here but the fact of the matter is that if you were sincere in what you say, you would email me which you haven't. Regardless of what you are trying to tell the good people here, you did recieve my emails, even on the address's you switched too. Yea it's been awhile and I kissed that money goodbye a long time ago, hope others don't need to do the same.

I'm not sure...

This response submitted by Dan on 3/27/02. ( ) 204.203.52.205

what you are referring to about address switching. I have had the same e-mail address for several years. But I refuse to get into this on this website. You know I probably could have e-mailed you directly but I believe that by posting here I was tring to protect my reputation. If you have a problem with me and you didn't receive something you should have please contact me at the above e-mail address. If anyone reading this has had any dealings with me good or bad please post it here so perhaps I can continue to sell on this site without people wondering if their money will dissapear. Thank you. Dave R.- Thank you. I hope to be hearing from you soon Mark

You should NEVER rely on email!

This response submitted by marty on 3/27/02. ( meshimkus@yahoo.com ) 12.251.53.29

If somebody doesn't check their email for "X" amount of time, most ISP's are set-up so that they "bounce back" to the original sender after this time allotment is up. (That would explain both sides of the story). Not to pick sides because I certainly don't know the circumstances behind this issue - but I feel that Mark should've called Dan. Assuming he had his number. If not, maybe this would be a pre-requisite to buying anything from unknown sources in the future. Also, IMHO - anybody that "slanders" somebody in public these days better have all their ducks in a row because we now live in a society where people slap lawsuits on people for looking at them the wrong way...

Marty , get your nose out of Dan's Ass

This response submitted by Randal R. Waites on 3/27/02. ( rwenglish1@aol.com ) 205.188.208.102

I am starting to think MarkC. is right, my check cleared over a month ago, and no product for my money yet. I am fortunate to have have someone who works in higher up places, and they got me his dads phone number, or I am not sure if I would have heard from Dan. I tried to keep my post clean with Dan, but I was also putting out feelers to see if any one else has had a problem with him, I will give him one more week, than I will be making some contacts, I will not put up with that kind of B.S..rw.

Come on..

This response submitted by Dan on 3/27/02. ( ) 204.203.55.33

Randal. I told you that I would be going out of town when you purchased the items from me. You said no problem send them when you get back. Granted, my job took longer than was anticipated. I contacted you when I returned just a few days ago,and everything seemed to be fine with you. Why would you make it sound like I would not have contacted you? Your items have been shipped. Who's putting up with BS? I'm DONE with this post.

Well....

This response submitted by marty on 3/28/02. ( meshimkus@yahoo.com ) 12.251.53.29

Good morning to you too Randall! Jeepers, I'm still scratching my head trying to figure out what warranted that response...

Well ``````\----/````````

This response submitted by Randal R. Waites on 3/28/02. ( rwenglish1@aol.com ) 64.12.96.43

Marty I apoligize, it really was'nt at you at so much as your post. I do not know you and my opinion should probably be kept to myself. But, if someone is being fraudulent, I think they need to be called on it. I do not know you, but, I do know MarkC. and he is what I would call, a, say it as you see kind of person. He is not spouting smoke, he is for real, and if he says, this guy did him wrong, believe me, Mark tells it like it is. There are many young people wanting to learn taxidermy, and wanting to aquire knowledge on this site, they are easy pickins and generally will not speak up. We do not need anyone, to make it harder than it is. I will be the first to kick the chair out from under a crook. Like it or lump it, that is what they deserve. rw

I apologize too!

This response submitted by marty on 3/28/02. ( meshimkus@yahoo.com ) 12.251.53.29

First, for poking my nose in something I probably shouldn't have. And secondly, for misspelling your name. I think it's the Dall/Dahl/Dull sheep syndrome!

A last word

This response submitted by MarkC on 3/29/02. ( ) 198.92.78.5

No sense dragging this one out except to say, in regards to the pre-requisites you mentioned Marty, all that was done as well as all attempts at contacting Dan. As a matter of fact, per his request of a couple day's ago on this post, I did email him and also included my phone number, but am not surprised that there was no response. So, who's kidding who?
Long story short, and the point I want to make is that those who wish to deal with this fellow should be fore warned. It is these types that degrade this very useful site and should not be allowed to continue their type of business here.
MC

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu