Northwestern School of Taxidermy in Omaha Nabraska

Submitted by Keith P on 3/2/02. ( tboona@bellsouth.net ) 209.214.47.95

I would like some information on what happened to this school and the J.W.Elwood Supply co. as i took the course by mail years ago in jr.high never had a place to practice the taxidermy part but did get into the tanning i still have all corrispondance that was sent except for one booklet on tanning that i loaned to a friend and never got back and was hoping to get it replaced. tried every thing to get in touch with them a couple a years ago and couldnt so i gave up on it until i got this computer and found this place. Thanks in advance for any information on where they went and why.KP

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu

Out of business

This response submitted by Glenn on 3/2/02. ( unkfuz@aol.com ) 64.12.96.168

Keith,
They went out of business in 1998. Someone had the same quesion as you because his grandson had completed the work and sent photos to the school but they were returned undeliverable. I still have my set of booklets as well as my Dad's. I think if you check Ebay you might find a set of the booklets. Good luck.
Glenn

I CAN HELP

This response submitted by Charles Hawes on 3/4/02. ( ahawes@ntelos.net ) 216.12.125.228

I have that book. I can make some copies for you if you like. Please call or Email me.

(304)727-5991

Thanks Ya'll

This response submitted by Keith P on 3/7/02. ( tboona @bellsouth.net ) 209.214.46.68

thanks yall for the info. Glenn i cheked out the ones on ebay those seem to be older than the ones i have,mine are copy righted 1969 & has a phesant on the cover w/bird hunter drawn in bottom left corner.
Charles emailed you the other day dont know if it got to you still learnin this thing but yes i would be interested in a copy if you would.
KP

DEER ANTLERS W SKULL

This response submitted by FRANK PENNINO on 11/17/2002. ( FPENTILEE@AOL.COM ) 152.163.188.230

I HAVE A DEER SKULL WITHJ THE HORNS ATTACHED.IM A FORMER STUDENT AT NW SCHOOL OF TAXIDERMY.BUT ITS BEEN SO LONG SINCE I APPLIED AND I LOST THE BOOK TO REMOVE THE HAIR & FLESH FROM THE SKULL IREMEMBERED THAT I DID IT BEFORE AND THE SKULL CAME OUYT BLEAC WHITE. CAN SOME ONE GIVE ME A CLUE THE SCHOOL IS OUT OF BUSINESS IM TOLD

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu