Need Info on good rug makers

Submitted by Kevin on 3/12/02. ( ) 65.223.68.155

On the west coast or PNW. FYI for Coyotes. Thanks
Kevin

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu

Better stop thinking local

This response submitted by George on 3/12/02. ( georoof@aol.com ) 64.12.96.134

Because you live someplace don't mean you'll find the best of a commodity right next door. That's how UPS, FedEx, RPS, and those folks survive. Look for a good rugmaker first and then a good carrier.

Thanks George !

This response submitted by Kevin on 3/12/02. ( ) 65.223.68.155

Now Back to the original question , If you have any input ?
Thanks Again.
Kevin

Try.....

This response submitted by Dan on 3/12/02. ( ) 204.203.52.165

Hair, Hide and Fur in Arlee,MT. Excellent sewn rugs with two colors of felt, padding, backing, etc. Very reasonable. I send them the rugs after the heads have been mounted.

Rug making

This response submitted by Kelly on 3/12/02. ( kjdouble@hotmail.com ) 63.254.34.159

Kevin
The studio I use for my rugs is Spruce Hollow, they are out of Pennsylvania. I know you are looking on the West Coast but the quality is worth the shipping. Give them a call and see if they are taking new clients. You can e-mail me and I will give you their phone number.

rugs

This response submitted by mark van leuven on 3/12/02. ( buckshottaxiderm@aol.com ) 64.12.96.45

B.J.S RUG MAKING IN MO. HER ADD IS IN Breakthrough MAG. I HAVE USED HER SERVICE FOR ABOUT 7 OR 8 YRS. REAL REAL NICE AT REASONABLE PRICE AND A FAIR TURN AROUND TIME AND I LIVE IN N.J. GOOD LUCK

Hair, Hide and Fur

This response submitted by Bill on 3/12/02. ( dish2ndnat@aol.com ) 198.81.23.41

Arlee, Mt. ive been sending my rugs there for 10 years and am very satisfied. [406] 726-7847

Kevin

This response submitted by George on 3/12/02. ( ) 152.163.188.226

The point is, in my opinion you don't have the best rugger available there. Now what. BJ's is about as good as it gets on simple rugging and Jordan's Bear Den (in PA)is the very best at taking a tanned hide and rugging it completely. But then again, I buy certain items strictly from Research and WASCO and I use Carolina Fur Dressers in NC. We don't have Dungenous crabs in Delaware, so I call Seattle on those special occasions. What's the big issue about home grown? Do you want it the best or do you want it close. Sometimes they ain't the same.

settle down George

This response submitted by Chuck on 3/13/02. ( foxkids@frontiernet.net ) 209.130.151.24

George, If I'm not mistaken, Kevin just asked a simple question. He simply needed info. for good rug makers out west. He didn't say he wanted the best rug maker in the country. I'm sure there are decent ruggers out that way. And if not, why not just respond by saying that you know of some good ones, but they're not on the west coast or just pass on the response. I read alot of the postings on this site and never respond. I just felt like giving my two cents today.

Chuck

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu