longhorn bodies

Submitted by don hill on 3/13/02. ( dndhill@ptsi.net ) 207.50.4.102

does anyone know of a company that makes realistic bodies for Longhorn steers? Tried 4 different ones and all are fair in the head (although the width of the head and fat cheeks are too much), but the chest and the length of the neck are outragious. Give me a break fellows, I'm from Texas, and when a longhorn is old enough to be put down, they are SKINNY.

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu

I use Van Dykes

This response submitted by George on 3/13/02. ( georoof@aol.com ) 152.163.188.66

Many times I have to modify the form's neck to get that skinny look, but the facial features seem realistic to me.

I am from TX too

This response submitted by CUR on 3/13/02. ( wildart@prodigy.net ) 64.196.210.78

You should see the ones on the YO Owner's Association lands.....they are FAT!......LOL! The next one that messes up my turkey hunt is going to be a candidate for a life molding subject. If that ever happens, I will make a form that fits that particular longhorn!

Meanwhile, Van Dyke's may be about it. I could sculpt one to precise dimensions for molding, but the sum cost for the initial procedure probably wouldn't be justified by the limited demand. If the TTA and others could justify the expense, I am sure that Don Holt or someone would have already made the model in the correct dimensions.

Have clay, will travel...LOL

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu