Tannery lost specimen

Submitted by MS on 3/13/02. ( mstewart@swsd.k12.wa.us ) 168.212.74.68

I sent a specimen to a well known tannery in Montana and I haven't
I sent in a specimen to a well known tannery in Montana and I haven't
gotten it back yet. My fear is that it has been lost. I have spoken to them on 5 different occasions and they are not sure where it is but that they are continuing to look. They asked me for my personal identification punches to see if they could locate it. I have documentation that they received the specimen in early August of last year, 8 months ago. Does anyone have any suggestions for me? I do not wish to slam these folks on this forum but would rather here from anyone that would want to e-mail me. I just need this back to satisfy a customer. Thanks. MS
MS
Ste

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu

MS

This response submitted by Leanna on 3/13/02. ( scardeer@cornernet.com ) 207.195.212.56

I think I know the tannery you speak of...check your mail. Sounds suspiciously familiar....

thats sorta like...

This response submitted by Bill Yox on 3/13/02. ( ) 205.188.208.169

When you watch the news, and they say they cant give out the name of a victim, yet they tell you what street it is and the camera is focused on the address on the side of the house. Through brilliant deduction, I guess we could figure out what tannery you "do not wish to slam..." I would say that we here at the forums cant help you as much as the tannery can, lets hope they are being honest with you!

Bill

This response submitted by Leanna on 3/13/02. ( ; ) ) 207.195.212.57

A five spot says you aren't brilliant enough to figure out what tannery I'M thinking of! FIVE bucks buddy! I think MS handled his inquiry quite well, as I think we will give him more help on suggestions, than his tannery already hasn't.

youre on, Leanna

This response submitted by Bill Yox on 3/14/02. ( ) 64.12.96.134

Through your phone call, I KNOW you posted that around 2 PM, and here it is this evening. Yep, our fellow "forumers" are just falling all over themselves to help this guy out. Ha ha ha, gotcha, hon. I hope MS does find a solution, maybe the cape IS in the solution. But its between him and that mystery tannery...

He posted his email Bill, People are responding that way!

This response submitted by Leanna on 3/14/02. ( ) 207.195.212.52

The phone call was to see what tannery you thought it was, and you didn't know. I guessed however, as I've had trouble with them as well, and it sounded scaringly familiar. Here as on the phone, we continue to agree to disagree. And it does help to even the minimalist of degrees, to talk with someone who has experienced the same traumalaties,(don't look it up, it's not a word, but it means anything of a horrific experience)LOL even YOU know THAT!

I think you owe me five bucks William. I'll settle for ONE from your pen...smile~~~~

TCSI

This response submitted by Mitch on 3/14/02. ( ) 63.27.86.36

Sounds like a case for the Taxidermy Crime Scene Investigators.

Mr. Yox

This response submitted by MS on 3/14/02. ( ) 168.212.74.68

I have received 15 different e-mails from fellow taxidermists and only two guessed which tannery I am dealing with. Yes this is between this tannery and me and I think on behalf of the tannery they have been very kind over the phone. I only hope this can be resolved to a point where both of us have a positive result. Thanks to all of you who e-mailed me and for your suggestions.
MS

sorry MS

This response submitted by Bill Yox on 3/17/02. ( ) 152.163.188.231

Leanna and I were kind of joking, we or at least I didnt mean to trivialize your situation. Leanna will do ANYTHING to beat me at something...I think shes still trying...

But I DID win Bill!

This response submitted by Leanna on 3/18/02. ( so HA ) 207.195.212.57

You didn't guess the tannery! Even WITH your brilliant deduction!

OK, OK

This response submitted by Bill Yox on 3/18/02. ( ) 152.163.188.231

I just didnt SAY the name yet...See guys, shes just CRAZY about me...

"Crazy"

This response submitted by Leanna on 3/18/02. ( ) 207.195.212.55

Being the key word here....and yes you do make me crazy....but not in the good sense.....LOL

I've Got a trailer

This response submitted by terry vining on 3/22/02. ( ) 216.120.195.138

Leanna, I can pick your buck up for you. It's no trouble really. I have some free time at the end of Oct. first part of Nov.. I would have to make a two week stop by my house on the way to your house. I think it's a rule or something like that. We, eh, I mean you will want the biggest buck Bill has right? If you feel that after you get Bill's buck, you want to give it back or you lose the next bet, I can help out with that also.
You really should not trick him like that. He has a lot on his mind. Well, on the inside anyways :)
Let me know about the buck. I have new pics of my deer. Jake goes around 300 lbs. in the fall. He was a 12 point with a 22 inch inside spread last year. He droped his antlers on St Pat's day.

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu