Al Holmes Taxidermy Supply

Submitted by mm on 3/20/02. ( mmaier@speednetllc.com ) 198.31.179.25

Does anyone have a number for Al Holmes Supply?
Thanks
Mark

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu

Al Holmes Supply Company

This response submitted by Ken Edwards on 3/20/02. ( ken@taxidermy.net ) 209.86.76.120

Al Holmes Supply Company
Featuring habitat materials including mushrooms, water lilies, flowers. grasses, and much more! Catalog $1.00, refundable on first order.
Address: 1723 Rifle Range Road, Wetumpka, AL 36092
Sales: (334) 567-7966

By the way, mm, you can find this and lots more information by clicking on the underlined word "Suppliers" at the top of this page.

lesson

This response submitted by rick on 3/20/02. ( ) 198.81.23.44

Ken, mabe some of the other guys should take a lesson from you.
One even inferred that he and some of the others are asked by you to answer. See guys no need to be rude.Educate yes

OH NO!

This response submitted by George on 3/20/02. ( georoof@aol.com ) 205.188.208.136

You just had to pour salt in a wound, didn't you "rick"? What is RUDE is someone walking into your office unannounced and asking what you do for a living. People do it here all the time. Ken Edwards has taken years off his life making this site accessable to everyone from idiot to genius and still, they walk in. I posted Al Holmes address and phone number less than a week ago. Guess what would have happened if this guy had typed "Al Holmes Taxidermy Supply" in that "What do you want to know?" block? He'd have save a wait for Kens gentlemanly reply and had immediate access as well as completing all those fields on the inquiry. Now that's RUDE. Then that brings up people like you who take exception to someone telling them what they want to know so they can be instantly gratified. YOU, dear "person" are the epitomy of RUDE.

does anyone have the number for WASCO

This response submitted by Dave Toms on 3/20/02. ( ) 66.109.131.140

Ok let me have it lol

DT

LET ME EXPLAIN RUDE!

This response submitted by Bob C on 3/20/02. ( bobswildlife@aol.com ) 205.188.208.11

The perfect explanation of RUDE is George's response. Absolutly uncalled for! I dont know who left you in charge of etiquette on this forum,but they really should reconsider. Like I said in a previous post, if you dont like a question someone asked, and cant answer it in a courtious manner CLICK TO THE NEXT POST! What is needed in here is more responses like Kens.

OK, let me get this straight

This response submitted by Bill Yox on 3/20/02. ( ) 205.188.209.20

So now, its OK to leave a comment like Rick did, no harm done, but you arent allowed to respond in kind, only that part is considered rude, if you are a guy like George. Oh, noooowww I see! Too bad BobC and George are both friends of mine, or Id have more fun with this. I wish I was as slick as Ken is in here, though, as he IS the professional.

Took the words right outa my mouth Bill

This response submitted by George on 3/20/02. ( ) 152.163.188.232

LMAO and thanks to all that, a posting that should have never been now occupies 6K of site memory.

Lets make it 7K!!

This response submitted by Bob C on 3/21/02. ( bobswildlife@aol.com ) 205.188.208.11

I really don't know how some of the people on here were raised. I was raised to treat people the way I want to be treated! And, I'll tell you, I wouldn't want to be talked to the way some of the people answer posts in here. I TRY to treat people with respect. John C brought up a point about his son being lambasted by a judge at one of the shows, whats the difference whether it happens there or here on the forum. Either way, it's not right. When answering questions, or just speaking your mind, you have to realize you dont know to whom your talking . There are plenty of youngsters that use this site regularly. I wouldn't want my children being talk to in this manner.

Well said Bob C

This response submitted by BobB on 3/21/02. ( foxranch@hotmail.com ) 216.165.140.196

You are correct Bob C, both your above posts ring true. I have read and reread Rick's post, I don't get where he is doing anything other than thanking Ken and asking others to be as gentlemenly as Ken was with his response.

You comments on kids using this site, is most correct than we may even know. When folks suggest a new category, maybe we need one for 'Grumpy Old Men' - LOL.

I started it

This response submitted by mm on 3/21/02. ( mmaier@speednetllc.com ) 198.31.179.39

To all who were helpful, thank you. When looking for this address I first searched "Taxidermy suppliers with a website. Nothing. Then General taxidermy suppliers. Nothing. I did a "google" search. Nothing. Some of your responses do little to improve the "redneck taxidermists" image so many people have of us, no wonder they ask us what we do for a living, we have nothing better to do than sit in front of a computer all day and slam each other. I wonder if doctors, lawyers, and other professionals are prone to this type of behaviour.
Sorry for all the trouble but i have got to go, I have WORK to do.
Mark Maier, full time taxidermist for 12 years

yea right

This response submitted by Dave Toms on 3/21/02. ( ) 198.26.118.36

I just checked the supplier page and guess what... took about 2 seconds, I then did a simple google search "Al Holmes" and low and behold several posts came up with their email. Nothing wrong with your orignal ? but please don't try to blow smoke up our butts.

Dave

Looks like we are ready for the sequel

This response submitted by BobB on 3/21/02. ( foxranch@hotmail.com ) 216.165.140.223

Grumpy Old Men 2

he y BOB

This response submitted by Dave Toms on 3/22/02. ( ) 198.26.118.37

go back and read my post I was merely pointing out to the dude that if he had done the searches as he stated then he would have found the same answer I did. By the way I am grumpy but not old. You seem to qualify for that category as much if not more then the average person. Cheers

Dave

Dave

This response submitted by BobB on 3/22/02. ( foxranch@hotmail.com ) 216.165.140.209

Maybe he is not as computer talented as you, if we can't laugh at ourselves for all the BS that goes on here, this would quickly become very old. Life is way too short to carry the extra burden.

IF I CAN GET A WORD IN EDGEWISE...........

This response submitted by BRENDA JAMISON on 11/13/2002. ( BLADYFINGERS@AOL.COM ) 205.188.209.39

AL, ALL I WANT TO KNOW IS DO YOU FREEZE DRY ELK FEET? I HAVE 8 (OR 2 SETS), AND DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO WITH THEM. THEY HAVE BEEN IN THE FREEZER FOR A YEAR NOW. JUST GOT YOUR NAME FROM ANOTHER TAXIDERMIST IN WOODSTOCK, GA. WOULD APPRECIATE A REPLY.

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu