I want to find out the Noel Feather story

Submitted by darren on 07/10/2003. ( dnicholz@hotmail.com ) 67.27.205.37

Noel Feather was busted quite a while ago poaching or doing something shady with a whitetail buck. I think he tried claiming a fence buck as legit in a record book or something. Does anyone know what happened? I have tried archives and all search engines. I think it must have happened before the internet took off. Thanks guys, Darren

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu

I completely forgot

This response submitted by Alan C. on 07/10/2003. ( alnette@iland.net ) 216.74.216.129

about that guy. I believe he killed a deer in one state and tried to check it into another state as it would score higher in the other state's books. After investigation, that's when I believe some of his other listed trophies were actually discovered to be taken within fenced enclosures. That's been a long time ago and I could be wrong. It did happen before the internet took off but after Al Gore invented it! ROFLMAO!

I think you are right

This response submitted by darren on 07/10/2003. ( ) 67.27.205.233

It sounds like the story I heard. I hope someone else has more details.

I'm pretty sure these guys are right

This response submitted by Jason on 07/11/2003. ( ) 205.188.209.7

I am pretty sure these guys are right and I also believe that he was charged with hunting in yellow stone national park after they reviewed some of the videos he had made.

Here's what I remember

This response submitted by Bruce Norton on 07/11/2003. ( ) 155.76.241.129

I think he was hunting in Missouri in a fenced area and shot a big buck, which was perfectly legal. But then he tried to fool everyone and he put a MO state tag on it and pretended to have shot it on someone's farm. He then transported it to Illinois where he lives. I think they nailed him for an illegally tagged deer, as well as a Lacy Act violation for transporting it across the state line.

He also was selling hunting videos showing him shooting all these big deer and claimed they were "fair chase" when they were game farm deer.

I don't believe Feather was the guy that shot the animals out west in Yellowstone, that was a different guy.

Bruce

Don Lewis was the yellowstone poacher

This response submitted by Joe Carroll on 08/07/2003. ( ) 205.188.209.7

THE POACHER FROM YELLOWSTONE WAS DON LEWIS.
THE ETHICAL BOWHUNTERS ARE VERY PISSED OFF AT WHAT DON LEWIS DID
AND WILL NEVER FORGET IT, I JUST HOPE I ENCOUNTER HIM IN DEEP
CANYON COUNTRY.

Who was the camera man

This response submitted by john deer on 01/20/2004. ( ) 216.40.252.48

I thought that he shot the deer under video and he had a camera man that was a bow rep.

Do you know his name?

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu