Taxidermy Schools in North Carolina?

Submitted by Kenny Snyder on 10/16/2003. ( ) 207.69.2.177

I'm interested in pursuing taxidermy as a career and wondered if any of you folks might be able to point me in the right direction in terms of getting the best education available in my area. I live in central North Carolina. I thought about Piedmont Community College but, as far as I can tell, it looks to me like their taxidermy cirriculum is no longer available. I have a family so I would not be able to attend any of the out-of-state options, unfortunately. What do you folks suggest? How did you get started? Any help would be much appreciated.

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu

Montgomery Comm. Coll.

This response submitted by Jim on 10/16/2003. ( jamesp@dockpoint.net ) 204.211.171.11

You might check with Montgomery Community College. They have an part-time evening program as well as a full-time day program. Also, depending on where you live, you might consider Johnston CC in Smithfield. I took small game and birds there. Classes meet one night per week per course. Classes are like 6 or 8 weeks long. Cost ~$55 plus you have to provide all your mat'l and specimens. Email me if you need more info.

Schools

This response submitted by Craig on 10/16/2003. ( wyrickstaxidermy@earthlink.net ) 65.40.90.54

I'm in the NC piedmont.I went to Piedmont and it was a good school.Its a shame that they arent doing it now.I heard that Randolph Community College in Asheboro has a program at night but I dont know who is teaching,etc..

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu