December 31 inventory of waterfowl on hand required USFWS

Submitted by Ken on 01/07/2004. ( taxiken1@cs.com ) 64.12.96.105

Recently I reminded a friend to send the USFWS an inventory of the number of each specie of waterfowl in his possession on December 31. This is supposed to be mailed in by January 14th. I was surprised when he told me that he had never heard of anyone having to do this. I also told him to include an explanation or example of how he tagged each bird with customer information and signature. He thinks I am making this up! Does anybody else out there do this? I have been doing this since 1995. Thanks, Ken

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu

Thats a new one for me

This response submitted by mjvaden on 01/07/2004. ( ) 152.163.252.166

When I worked at the museun we had to do that, but 99% of the birds we had were not game birds( stuff like hawks and songbirds).

have they checked you on that? who told you you had to do that?

Never heard of that either.

This response submitted by John c on 01/07/2004. ( ) 66.233.157.155

I have never seen that in the regs, can you tell us where it is ate?

I recall hearing of that years ago ...

This response submitted by Nancy M. on 01/07/2004. ( ) 67.250.26.70

But I don't know anybody who actually did it. (Myself included - my bad!) I heard that fish and game never even looked at those forms and just tossed them out. Knowing what I do now, I would probably follow the rules a lot better. For all you know they might be able to dig out those old forms and use them against you somehow if they wanted to be nasty. Or even worse, get you for not sending them.

It has nothing to do with the taxidermy regs - it is something that licensed game bird/waterfowl breeders are supposed to do. In our state (WA) the licensed upland game bird breeders are supposed to follow regs that are so ridiculous they make the federal laws look simple and logical!

"Just doing our job!" Did you ask permission yet?

This response submitted by Steve on 01/07/2004. ( NoGoogle.com/Steve!\.NET ) 205.188.209.11

More power and control from the government! Just doing their job. Oh yes, don't forget to ask permission before you go potty!

After all, can't trust them taxidermist; you people must be taken care of from cradle to grave.

LOL

STEVE

"Just doing our job!" Did you ask permission yet?

This response submitted by Steve on 01/07/2004. ( NoGoogle.com/Steve!\.NET ) 205.188.209.11

More power and control from the government! Just doing their job. Oh yes, don't forget to ask permission before you go potty!

After all, can't trust them taxidermist; you people must be taken care of from cradle to grave.

LOL

STEVE

Me neither

This response submitted by Roger H on 01/07/2004. ( r_heintzman@hotmail.com ) 24.220.124.240

We have had USFWS at our association meetings, and they have not told us of doing such paper work. This may have something to do with Endangered or Federally protected birds etc.

I won't be doing anything of the sort.

Roger

It's for real

This response submitted by Ken on 01/08/2004. ( taxiken1@cs.com ) 64.12.96.107

I have never mounted any hawks or owls or song birds. Only waterfowl that seasons are set for. I applied for my license in 1995 and when I received my license there was a seperate letter instructing me to do this every year. Unfortunately I haven't been able to find the letter. I just keep sending the inventory every year. Maybe some one at USFWS thought that it would be fun to pick on Ken. Thanks for the input from all of you.

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu