whitetail numbers

Submitted by Dayton Henry on 01/07/2004. ( ) 216.12.56.9

Doing some research,was wondering if there are any estimated numbers of whitetail deer mounted each year? Any info would be greatly appreciated.Thanks
Dayton

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu

Dayton

This response submitted by George on 01/07/2004. ( georoof@aol.com ) 205.188.209.11

I apologize, but this is one of those "dumb questions". There's absolutely no positive way of knowing such a thing. With the total kill, you might assume that 10% got mounted, but I suspect that is even high. And with amateurs, beginners, professionals, and first time trials by people who are completely out of contact with the "modern" world, I'd stand a better chance of guessing how many hairs Bill Yox has on his head. (Sorry Bill, you know I'll still respect you in the morning. LMAO)

so what youre saying is...

This response submitted by Bill Yox on 01/07/2004. ( ) 64.12.96.107

Dayton may well be trying to guess how many hairs are NO LONGER on my head, then? hahaha! That would be the larger of the two numbers, anyway.

Best Source.......

This response submitted by Old Fart on 01/08/2004. ( ) 64.122.137.46

....For that information would be the Suppliers. They "could" tell you how many forms they sell in a year. That would probably be a bit more accurate than trying to ask "every" taxidermist how many deer they mount.

You might be able to come up with an approximate number by using "kill" numbers from each state. But you would also have to know the breakdown of the kill by age and sex. And then you would need to know.....You get the picture.

While it certainly is an inerteresting question, I would guess that there is no way to accurately find out.

Another example

This response submitted by Art on 01/08/2004. ( ) 216.154.45.172

of why this site gets 3000 views per day with 2990 coming from Roof and 4 or 5 of his cronies.
Dayton, just so you know, and in case you have not been on this site before, its not you thats the problem, its Roof. He is an unfortunate individual who obviously did not have a mother, or at least one that could raise a kid with any sort of manners.
I don't know where you are from but in Ontario you could call the MNR and find out how many tags were issued. From there you could call 10 or 20 taxidermists and survey them (don't bother posting here again, you'll just get ignorant comments from the likes of Roof.
I'm sure in a couple of hours you could have a pretty good estimate of how many deer are mounted in a particular Province or State.
And I did notice that you were asking for just an ESTIMATE.

Another example

This response submitted by Art on 01/08/2004. ( ) 216.154.45.172

of why this site gets 3000 views per day with 2990 coming from Roof and 4 or 5 of his cronies.
Dayton, just so you know, and in case you have not been on this site before, its not you thats the problem, its Roof. He is an unfortunate individual who obviously did not have a mother, or at least one that could raise a kid with any sort of manners.
I don't know where you are from but in Ontario you could call the MNR and find out how many tags were issued. From there you could call 10 or 20 taxidermists and survey them (don't bother posting here again, you'll just get ignorant comments from the likes of Roof.
I'm sure in a couple of hours you could have a pretty good estimate of how many deer are mounted in a particular Province or State.
And I did notice that you were asking for just an ESTIMATE.

Art, you never did answer my question from before

This response submitted by George on 01/08/2004. ( ) 152.163.252.166

Did your mother have any children that lived? You're such a miserable sucker, I bet you brush your dentures with Texas Pete. Your answer is about as dumb as his question because one thing for sure, all the deer killed in Ontario sure ain't staying in Ontario afterwards. Peabrain.

I hate that

Just when I'm on a role telling Art what a dimwit he actually is, I hit the tab key and Enter and it posts.

NOW as I was saying, the kill gets you absolutely nothing and in many cases, road killed deer are added in and some are possibly mounted. To imply that "in a couple of hours" you could find such information is just as stupid. Saskatchewan, Alberta, and Manitoba have megatourist hunters there and you ought to come south a few days in November and just see what New York and Pennsylvania do. Pennsylvania probably has more deer killed on the highways in a year than Ontario does during it's season. In states like South Carolina, there is no DNR involvement in the deer kill numbers. There there isn't even a LIMIT to how many you can shoot during a season in many of their harvest areas. I'm sure Alabama, Mississippi, Louisanna and Georgia are similar. So Art, put your head back in that igloo. I know where it's been before you made that post.

Stupid Americans

This response submitted by Art on 01/08/2004. ( ) 216.154.45.36

Your right George. I forgot about all the thieving scumbag americans like yourself who scoop road kill without reporting them.
Thats illegal up here peabrain.
Of course we can't account for all the goofs like you George who are dishonest, that goes without saying. Now go eat your rat pie that your momma made you for dinner.
And do us all a favour and stay south of the border, we don't need you.

Thanx Art

Most of the regulars here have had a few doubts about you, but you've finally put all those to rest with that little tidbit of intelligence sharing. You've never contributed anything here and I'm sure your fellow Canadians figure you haven't done much for their image either. How does it feel to be an ass and make yourself a pariah as well? Oh and BTW, a LOT of things are illegal in Canada that aren't down here, but it might be best if you didn't do any traveling. Especially with that terminal chip on the shoulder.

There was nothing wrong with my first answer

This response submitted by Art on 01/09/2004. ( ) 216.154.45.120

George,(other than my comment about your mother) and you started it with your typical rude response to Dayton.
What did you expect back from me?
I really don't care about what the 'regulars' think of me. My fellow Canadians simply laugh over this site (the industry portion) and my American brothers and cousins (who work and live in the States AND have Citizenship) welcome me over the border any time I want to come down.
They know what I meant by my comments to you.

Sometimes you are a rude and thoughtless guy who deserves to have someone speak trash to once in a while

Art

This response submitted by Bill Yox on 01/11/2004. ( ) 64.12.96.107

Give me a break! Some of your last statements are so out of fact its almost embarrassing watching your pathetic excuses. So George is gruff sometimes, big deal. Its not about canada vs USA. Anyone wanting to help could simply steer Dayton to Breakthrough Magazine, to the back issue with the industry survey. Thats about the closest youll get to real numbers. Many suppliers dont give out the numbers as policy. Trust me on this, I know. "Thieving scumbags that scoop roadkill"? How assinine! Roadkill numbers are figured into yearly deer kills, thus inflating "trophy potential" numbers. Damn, helping guys with taxidermy is one thing, arguing with a few over common sense...

Bill

This response submitted by Art on 01/12/2004. ( ) 216.154.45.6

Another retard post from the mental midget himself.
Everything you say is 'fact' while what everyone else says cannot possibly be proven unless you check with one of your industry bum buddies. Same old story.

If Roof ever came to a quick stop you'd have to be surgically removed from his arsehole.

Bill

This response submitted by Art on 01/12/2004. ( ) 216.154.45.6

Another retard post from the mental midget himself.
Everything you say is 'fact' while what everyone else says cannot possibly be proven unless you check with one of your industry bum buddies. Same old story.

If Roof ever came to a quick stop you'd have to be surgically removed from his arsehole.

art

This response submitted by Bill Yox on 01/12/2004. ( ) 152.163.252.166

Nice try. Creativity didnt run in your family did it...Art, read YOUR statements in your posts above. And Im the "mental midget"? Like I said, nice try.

bill

This response submitted by Art on 01/13/2004. ( ) 216.154.45.232

Wheres one of your buddies now?
You better get on the phone and cry about me not putting up with your crap.
Get George to post another ignorant message.
Your circle of friends here is small bud, maybe you should move on and get a life.

DAMN!

This response submitted by Bill Yox on 01/13/2004. ( ) 205.188.209.11

Art, you busted me! Yep, the other members of your imaginary group of forum bad guys does indeed sit right here behind me at my computer while I post this stuff, giving me the confidence to do so. They say nasty words of support, goading me on in my quest to overturn good people like you here at taxidermy.net. But you, in your infinite wisdom, have again managed to crack the code of conduct that us guys have built up, as we ravage and pillage this site. Foiled again! You are indeed a super sleuth. Do you wear a cape, or does the eye patch suffice?

Banjo Bill

This response submitted by Art on 01/13/2004. ( ) 216.154.45.239

Bill, you and your goofy friends continue to be a great source of amusement for us!
No wonder taxidermists are thought of as a bunch of toothless inbreds.

Break out the banjo Bill!

who's this "us" you refer to, art?

This response submitted by Bill Yox on 01/13/2004. ( ) 205.188.209.11

Are you pregnant or do you have a mouse in your pocket. The "us" cant be your fellow countrymen, theres NO way your fellow canadians are going to side with you just because they live in the same country. Oh and Art? Remember, GOD is watching you, honey.

Got to Give you Credit

This response submitted by Paul I on 01/13/2004. ( paulblastoatyahoo.com ) 209.210.87.118

Bill and George I still cant get over how much nonsense you put up with on this site giving FREE advice.If Art hates this site so much why does he study it so much and know its people very well? Art maybe its time to move on as there are many new sites that are springing up all over or you could open your own.I for one like the gruff answers to stupid questions by lazy people.I am not a taxidermist but I have common sense which for the most part is lacking on most of the younger generation.So in closing shut up or put up like these guys do and lets see your work or a website as I cant mount a deer but I can tell the difference from good to best.Paul

Bill

This response submitted by 'Art' on 01/14/2004. ( ) 216.154.45.108

The 'us' he is referring to are the 6 people that have access to this computer.
I am suggesting that in the future you try not to get suckered into an infantile debate by a bunch of kids. (assuming that you're an adult).

OK Cybil

This response submitted by Bill Yox on 01/14/2004. ( ) 64.12.96.107

Now youre schizophrenic? Nice try, Art. This is not a debate. This is a silly little exchange where a bored person takes a second to return posts with a guy named Art who felt so inclined to post the comments above, and in the past. Thanks to "Art" and Art, just the same. (pun intended)

fudge you all

This response submitted by Jack on 01/21/2004. ( jack@jrbtech.com ) 216.12.58.179

This site blows.

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP!

This response submitted by Dayton Henry on 01/21/2004. ( ) 216.12.58.179

I appreciate ya'll taking the time to respond to my question,but I believe I will wait for ya'lls BALLS to drop and maturity to set in before I seek any more advice on this pathetic site!

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu