could have been new world record

Submitted by jim on 01/03/2004. ( ) 216.55.206.49

lately I have been hearing alot of talk about two deer that were new world records(but I hear that DNR have them). One was in Saskatchawen and the other was in Ontario. The one in Sask. was in the high 220 and the other one in Ont. was in the 240. Raven you may know about this one. If anyone else know anything about these I would really like know if this is true or not and if anyone has pics or knows where I can get some. Jim

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu

There was a post...

This response submitted by Raven on 01/03/2004. ( ) 24.150.166.254

The only thing I know about the Ontario one at present is what was posted here a week or so ago. There was a link that showed a picture of the deer and a bit of an explanation. I guess the guy shot it after legal shooting time or something like that so the MNR confiscated it. My most recent issue of Ontario Out of Doors just arrived yesterday but as this hapenned after press time I doubt anything will be mentionned about it. Next issue *should* have all the details tho so If no one has posted about it by then I'll be sure to post what I know =)

Link to Ontario Buck

This response submitted by Brady on 01/03/2004. ( ) 206.230.105.230

Here is a link to a photo and a brief description of the Ontario Buck.
www.geocities.com/headsandtailstaxidermy/illegal

Hope this helps,
Brady
Heads & Tails Taxidermy

thanks

This response submitted by jim on 01/03/2004. ( ) 216.55.222.225

thanks guys

More info...

This response submitted by Raven on 01/03/2004. ( ) 24.150.166.254

I went to that link but the page was down - there was a message saying it shoudl be up in an hour.. kinda weird... ANYWAY... it turns out there was alittle piece of info in this issue of Ontario Out of Doors about it. It had a picture of the deer with a Conservation Officed and it said that it was potetntially a new Ontario record. It had some nice mass but didn't seem anything super thrilling to me *shrugs*. I guess I'm getting spoiled by all those Texas bucks I keep seeing! It was taken near Dryden, Ontario on November 10th and there are some concerns about the legality of the harvest... charges are pending.

Any official scorers out there?

This response submitted by marty on 01/04/2004. ( ) 67.173.51.16

I looked at the buck. It's a very nice buck, but imho it ain't going to beat the Hanson buck. There's not enough scoreable points to get that high, the spread is not big enough, and there's a few deductions that I can see right off the bat. Simply put, scored as a typical, it looks to me that all those add up to a far lesser buck than the Hanson buck. NO WAY is it 40 points more.

But then again, I'm just a fish guy, so who knows?

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu