worried about tiger hide because:

Submitted by Debra on 01/03/2004. ( DebraRY@aol.com ) 64.12.96.105

My husband wants to sell small pieces of the tiger hide for archery bow side plates and someone questioned if that was allowed.

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu

It is legal to sell the animal but it cannot cross state lin

This response submitted by John C on 01/03/2004. ( ) 66.233.157.155

Its my understanding that even a tiger hide can be sold within the state, but you cannot sell it across state lines.

Actually

This response submitted by Tenbears on 01/04/2004. ( ) 152.163.252.168

To even posses any part of a Tiger, One must have the proper papers, proving it was pre ban, or gathered legally under a USDA Permit. Basically. It is legal to sell tiger parts within your state if you are legally in possession of it. Tigers, and their parts may cross state lines, Providing both buyer, and seller have NWS, USDA, Possession and transport permits. That specifically state the means, and locations of transport

Which one is it ?

This response submitted by Alex on 01/04/2004. ( ) 66.32.154.96

He wants to sell pieces or he bought a piece at a flea market? according to your last post ,before this one.

Either way it is illegal to sell an undocumented tiger or possess any part or buy it or sell it.

thank you

This response submitted by Debra on 01/05/2004. ( ) 64.12.96.135

Thanks for you help. To which one is it: my husband bought a 12 inch square of hide at a flea market and wanted to sell cut to size side plates pieces from it. But I see that we cannot do that since we have no papers.
Thank you tenbears.

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu