Add another new star in the heavens

Submitted by Vicki Chritton-Myers on 01/11/2004. ( myers.ark@direcway.com ) 66.82.9.39

Just got the news a friend, neighbor and relative (by marriage) passed away. She'd suffered a ruptured aneurysm Thursday evening. She survived through that (actually had 3 of them, 2 were repaired, the other was unthreatening). She survived the surgery on Friday, too. They started bringing her out of sedation last night, and found she'd suffered two strokes after surgery, and she passed away this morning. She was married to my second cousin, who operates a dairy farm. Even way out in the boonies, she always decorated their home and property for all the holidays in a big way. Always a delight to go by there, especially at Christmastime. You almost needed sunglasses because of the glare! Just beautiful. She was adored by two granddaughters and also leaves behind a daughter and son. She was only in her early-mid 50s, physically fit and a workaholic. She'll be greatly missed by many.

Unfortunately, she was also a heavy smoker, and the doctors said that contributed to her death. It is my hope that someone who smokes that reads this will seriously consider giving it up, before they, too, pay the ultimate price for smoking. True, it's always possible it would have happened anyway, but why increase the odds? Consider what you may be giving up, if you don't quit.

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu

Sorry to hear

This response submitted by Tenbears on 01/11/2004. ( ) 64.12.96.75

I will Remember her family in my prayers.

MY THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS

This response submitted by Chip D. on 01/12/2004. ( gameskinner@yahoo.com ) 63.175.11.2

will be with you and them.

Vicki, you put the icing on the cake with this posting, my wife and all my relatives want me to quit smoking
and after 33 years of smoking I guess I need to, so with your help by posting this I'm now officially
going to quit. ( pray for me this ain't going to be easy)

Thank you, Tenbears and Chip

This response submitted by Vicki Chritton-Myers on 01/12/2004. ( ) 66.82.9.14

Your thoughts and prayers are appreciated. Everyone is still sort of 'numb.'

Chip, GOOD LUCK! YOU CAN DO IT! I smoked 1 1/2 packs a day, up until I was pregnant with our second son. On my first dr. appt, I found out I had cervical cancer! They didn't know if I would be able to have him, as they thought they might have to operate and take everything out, to save my life. They did a biopsy, but it would be three long days before the results were back. Being that smoking has also been linked to that type of cancer, I made a 'deal' with the Lord. I prayed for the test to come back to where I could carry this pregnancy. If so, I would give up smoking for good. Thank the Lord, the cancer hadn't gone 'invasive' and they thought I would probably have time to have him. Our 10lb. 3oz. boy was born in August 31,1987.

Number of cigarettes smoked since I made my 'deal'? 0.

It will be tough, but worth it. Life is so precious. If you don't do it for yourself, do it for your loved ones. Good luck with it, and I'll add you to my prayers!

Thanks Vicki

This response submitted by Chip D. on 01/12/2004. ( gameskinner@yahoo.com ) 63.175.11.2

Thanks for your prayers and confidence, I had a similar scare
I had Bronchitis and pnuemonia last month and they did a chest
x-ray and found two masses near my trachea after doing a CT Scan
they found nothing in the throat area and in my chest they found
that my aortic arch instead of being on the left, mine is on the right
and that is what they were seeing. I went a whole week before getting
the results. So I am definitely quitting.

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu