Selling on Ebay

Submitted by Old Fart on 01/09/2004. ( ) 64.122.57.13

This morning I saw, "what some people will do on ebay" in the For Sale category and like a lot of other people I responded to it. Then I realized that not everyone checks that category so I copied it here.

Successful!
This response submitted by Old Fart on 01/09/2004. ( ) 64.122.57.13
I normally don't check anything that is listed on Ebay that is mentioned here. But this morning when I saw this, I did. Out of curiosity I thought, "how successful is this approch?" I did an Ebay search for "fox taxidermy". Then I checked the COUNTERS for the items and came to two possible conclusions;

1. This is a very good way to feature an item for sale on Ebay.

OR

2. This is a good way to get "everyone" from HERE to look at the item you are listing.

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu

Personaly

This response submitted by Tenbears on 01/09/2004. ( ) 64.12.96.107

I rarely go to Ebay items listed here. I rarely am looking for a taxidermy Mount. Go figure, I am a Taxidermist. The ones that are priced at an amount that one could sell to a client for a profit, Are usually junk. And I in no way to be associated with them. Those that are of any quality, are priced above retail in most cases. I figure if a taxidermist has time to mount stuff for Ebay. he does not have much of a business. And there is probably a reason. I have long ago quit buying hides off Ebay. Most of what I have bought were Misrepresented. 25 Inch neck! Ya right, Measured 3 inches above the brisket. I once bought 4 bass that were supposed to be in the 8 pound range. what I got was 4, 18 to 20 inch fish that looked like they had been frozen in a dry towel for 5 years. Yes, you can post negative feedback. But the seller can simply change user names, and start all over again.

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu