Reflections

Submitted by The Rookie on 01/10/2004. ( NaturesTrophies@aol ) 205.188.209.102

Life has been hectic this week. Overtime on the full time job and trying to keep up with my taxidermy. Overtime was especially long tonight because I wanted to be home and spending time with my boy who I get every other weekend. Then I thought about how blessed I was that I could go home and see him. Dave Toms has been in my thoughts and prayers since I read of his tragic loss last night. Something like that really makes a parent sit down and think. It did for me anyways. It's not hard to get caught up in the ratrace that we sometimes call "business". If you have children, take a special time out this weekend and reflect upon why you do the things you do. And take time to make sure your children understand the same. Some things are so precious..Don't forget them. God Bless- Jeff F.

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu

I just started coaching...

This response submitted by marty on 01/10/2004. ( ) 67.173.51.16

...wrestling to the little guys this year. What a blast! I wish I would've done this years ago. It takes my mind off of all the everyday "crap" for two hours, I'm getting exercise, and it's so much FUN working with the little kids. You really appreciate their innocence and it DOES make you realize what's REALLY imporatant in life.

And yes, my heart goes out to Dave and his family. I can't imagine what they're going through right now...

Well said

This response submitted by George on 01/10/2004. ( georoof@aol.com ) 152.163.252.166

Few of us ever stop to realize what you're saying. I'm just glad it's coming from you younger guys. My kids are grown and gone, but now it's the grandchildren and even one great-grandchild. As we get older, we begin to realize what a fine thread each of us holds on to life with and how precious it is to protect. When I was young, my skin was Teflon and my hands were Kevlar. I had a bulletproof ass. Well I came to realize none of that's true. Don't let a single day pass where you don't look at those you love and tell them you love them. No one promised you tomorrow and it might be your last opportunity. Don't take that chance. Hold your kids. There's nothing so important that you can't take that few seconds to tell them and to remind yourself, Life is a Blessing.

So True

This response submitted by The Rookie on 01/11/2004. ( ) 152.163.252.166

Tonight(Sat.) I sat and actually watched a DVD with my boy and my granddaughter. As Marty said, the innocence you feel when you communicate with the little ones somehow seems to put everything into perspective.
George, although many see you as the "bully" of the forum, I think you just showed more feeling than I've ever seen you express before. Very well spoken and heartfealt experiance to boot. I'm still Kevlar and Teflon, but only for the right reasons. But I most certainly Thank You for understanding the very things I was feeling that some were afraid to touch in fear of scrutiny. Geo, some of us "younger guys" still live by old school values. A little different thread, but a lot of truth. God Bless- Jeff F.

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu