Its Time

Submitted by Gary Pegg Australia on 01/13/2004. ( ) 203.61.92.182

Well if registration can prevent the slur of this valuable site,then lm totally in favor.

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu

me too

This response submitted by newbirdman on 01/13/2004. ( ) 205.188.209.13

I'm with you Gary . Something has to be done soon . Rick

Who is it

This response submitted by Brian on 01/13/2004. ( naturesfinest.com ) 152.163.252.168

Is there a way to find who this prick is he nedds something done like pretty quick.

Lets do it...Please.

This response submitted by Mike Barrus on 01/13/2004. ( camolion12yahoo.com ) 68.81.101.19

just when it seemed it got back to normal taxidermy info and some occasional humor and not so much politics as before...this is what we get. I'm for registration...anyone else?
Mike

better do something

This response submitted by Jim on 01/13/2004. ( ) 69.40.142.206

can they track this and file charges against this guy

aint gonna happen

This response submitted by Bill Yox on 01/13/2004. ( ) 205.188.209.13

How much money are you guys going to pay to join this site as registered members? Ken cant possibly run it as a registered site for FREE as he is now. I can pretty much gaurantee you that aside from the occasional "blip" like this morning, there isnt that much of it, and Ken wont be making this a registration only site. It is too bad that stuff happens, though. Lets continue to police our own, though.

You don't know what freedom really is. Do you? How sad!

This response submitted by George on 01/13/2004. ( ) 205.188.209.13

Yes! let all of us register for protection and give up any and all freedoms. Please protect us from ourselves.....

Most of you have no clue to what I am saying! You really don't know or deserve the FREEDOM that you have. You will give it up so quickly.
those of you that do, deserve nothing!

George

Yes he can be tracked,

This response submitted by Randal R. Waites on 01/13/2004. ( rwenglish1@aol.com ) 205.188.209.13

Yes he can be tracked, and he is committing a serious crime. I spoke with a detective at work today, he said someone could be using that computer and owner not knowing it. I am going to ask Ken, for some numbers, and then I will see how much this detective knows.

Did I miss something

This response submitted by Tenbears on 01/14/2004. ( ) 64.12.96.134

KInda took the day off today, and went to the airport to tinker. What's all the hub bub, Bub?

Freedom ?

This response submitted by Gary Pegg on 01/14/2004. ( ) 203.61.94.144

On the comtrary, the way the site is at present, postings ARE subject to sensorship by the moderator and for several justifable reasons.

One, because they violate forum rules, such as the obscene language recently (and still) used by an anonomous poster, and two, because allegations can, (and are) being made against people by individuals not willing to validate there source or identify themselves.

Only Ken would know how many postings he must delete per day because of their delicate or vile content.

If registration was compulsory, and posting identities known, there would be LESS censorship, and more of the "freedom" that George has spoken of for people to this forum to post what they want, about whatever or whoever they want,,,and yes in turn, be held accountable by law for any false, threatening or slanderous comments made towards other individuals or communities.
It would then be interesting to see if these same individuals would be as bold to stand in full view of everyone and make the same comments, instead of hiding in the safety of the unidentified crowd.

This is not about giving up any of the freedoms we have. l too live in a country that many people envy and many have fought and died for.

Even the daily major newspapers who publish slanderous and false editorials get sued,and they have cried, since the advent of the printing machine-"freedom of the press".

Anyone is free to walk in front of a train, or jump off a cliff.
That too is freedom. Good luck to them.
However rules are employed in the effort of preventing those people from doing so- simply in an effort to reduce the frequency of others who will be required to stop the traffic, seal off the area, and clean up the mess.That way society functions smoother and more effectively and everyone gets home to see the 6 o clock news.

Which does pose the question, what possible freedom could we be forfeiting in order to have our identities on this site known?

Some good points Gary - but...

This response submitted by PA on 01/14/2004. ( ) 24.3.205.80

Registration will make the archive unavailable for general perusal AND it will not prevent people from posting stuff. I belong to another forum which used to be open to people viewing its pages. Now in order to view it, the person has to sign in. And secondarily, the google search method disappeared. If it isn't a free site with all able to see the forum, then the archive wouldn't be available like it is now.

The forum I am in still has people "join" and then post sexual xxx posts and links which the forum administrator has to delete. It is not nearly as open a forum as this Taxidermy.net is. The number of hits to this site is amazing to me.

Now if a way could be made for people to jusr read the archives without posting, that would be fine. But I would imagine we have had many thousand people post on this site and ten times that amount never post but look for info here. Just the registration emails that Ken would need to have for the 25 new people who would want to register to ask a question or view thw pages would probably keep Ken as busy as he is now.

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu