Just a story

Submitted by Jack F on 01/11/2004. ( wildexpressions2003yahoo.com ) 24.97.78.154

I see alot of posts about customers on here and have one that I think is quite funny. I recieved a call a couple days ago from one of my cutomers. He wanted to know if i could fix a crack in an eye on one his old mounts. I told him to bring it in and I would take a look at it and fix it if I could. Well we got talking on the phone and he was asking what I was working on. So I told him I was working on a huge 8 point shoulder mount(now I meen huge by the size of the deer not the horns). Any how he shows up with not one but two mounts. One needs a small crack filled, did that in two minutes. The other was in his tearms a huge 10 point that he thought I must see as it was bigger then any thing I had in my shop since he was in last. Heres what I think is funny. This guy is great so i'm not making fun of him at all. He goes on for about ten minutes about how holy cow you said it was a huge 8 pt. He continues about how his 8pt and 10pt make this deer look pewny. Now I'm not saying anything but I'm laughing alot. The deer I was working on had a 8in. E-N 23in neck tight behind the ears. Now to some this would be average but in my area S.E NY this is one wompus deer. I can see now how we could get away with doing less work in a mount and still end up with a happy customer they never look down from the rack. LOL Well I think its funny Take care Jack F

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu