Bush stops global warming

Submitted by wetnwild on 01/15/2004. ( ) 24.128.109.191

Seeing how the democrats blamed the unusually hot summer weather on george Bush and his contribution to global warming by ruining the enviroment, it only seems right to give him credit for solving the problem also. When i get up tomorrow AM, it will be -27 degrees in new hampshire wqhere i live, with a windchill factor of - 47 degrees. It was -113 on Mount washington yesterday. Tomorrow, it will be colder here than it has been in the arctic circle in ten years. Thanks george! There is good news though! Richard Christoforo is rethinking about moving up here now because of the extreme temperatures. Maybe now he will have time to finish that deer head he started in 87! ROFLMAO

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu

Tom

This response submitted by Coyote on 01/15/2004. ( ) 69.14.140.92

You should come here to Michigan, We got nailed yesterday....11 1/2 in. of snow. and now we have the sub-zero temps. no need to put your hides, skins, or what ever in the freezers. Just throw them outside.

Coyote

A Balmy 6 degrees In Minnesota

This response submitted by Bruce Norton on 01/15/2004. ( ) 155.76.241.129

Don't even need to wear a coat today. :)

I HEAR YA!

This response submitted by Bill H. on 01/15/2004. ( ) 171.75.6.160

Here in Arizona I had to dig out my heavy t-shirt this morning. =)

Global Warming?

This response submitted by Mike Dunbar on 01/15/2004. ( ) 207.230.218.217

Since Cecil has left, and I used to teach science, I thought I would play along here. Those who feel that global warming is reality are looking at "global" warming over an extended time period, not the weather in New York today. Yes it is cold, but last evening's Wisconsin forecast calls for warming in the 30's next week and snow or rain. Another indicator is the Winter Severity Index that is used for calculating the toil mother nature is taking on the deer herd. If a day sees below zero temps. it counts as 1 and if the snow is deeper than 18" in also counts as 1. So far in north central Wisconsin we have a count of about 5.(just guessing) A severe winter here is a total count of over 100. It used to be said that turkeys could never make it through the winters here. Well this spring we get to vote on proposed turkey hunting zones for this area.

My point is that the overall trend shows a decrease in winter severity here, whether or not that can be attributed to man-made climatic change or just a natural cycle we are seeing, IMO we have less severe winters than we used to, overall. Just ask the snowmobilers. Does anyone remember the oppressively hot and dry weather parts of the world faced just months ago?

I was out in a shortsleeve T shirt yesterday.

This response submitted by JOhn C on 01/15/2004. ( ) 66.233.157.155

Have not checked today but it looks like another balmy mid 50's for us. Its been very dry this this month .21 in rain, lovely blue sky, unlimited ceiling, vis. is unlimited.

Hum maybe I will go fishing.

John C.

This response submitted by The Rookie on 01/15/2004. ( NaturesTrophies@aol ) 205.188.208.134

Give me a call. We'll go fishing. And, oh ya, bring your ICE CLEATS!(LOL) Indiana stinks. My heart is in the mountains of Tennessee. Peace- Jeff F.

Great logic Tom

This response submitted by Doug on 01/15/2004. ( ) 64.18.236.166

It's cold in New England so global warming has been solved, and thank George...huh? Well, you better continue your "logic" with Bill H., because it sounds like they still have global warming out in Arizona.(LMAO!) And Mike, cut the crap(science). You're dealing with a conservative republican(LOL).

problem solved eh?

This response submitted by Steve on 01/15/2004. ( ) 209.122.229.156

Global warming doesnt mean that the entire planet is now a tropical rain forest. We had a killer of a summer with over a week of severe high temps in the 90 to over 100 degree mark here in the north east. It still gets cold in the winter. The polar ice caps are STILL melting. Giant icebergs the size of Rhode Island have broken off the ice shelf. Icebergs so large that they can be seen from space. Space Cadet bush wont sign environmental treaties that he said he would sign when he was runing for office. He is letting industrial pollutors off the hook by not making them run cleaner facilities, and not punishing the ones that have been polluting in spite of the clean air laws that are allready in place. He wants to cut down the trees to save them? And now he wants to make a base on the moon and on mars, as he cuts funding for the environment, education and a list of other programs here on this planet. Shouldnt we solve some of the problems we have here before we spend billions to play around in space? For all of you who think the space thing is for pride and respect for our nation, how about getting real pride and respect by not being the asshole of the planet? How about doing it by REAL goodwill and not invading countries under false pretenses? Im talking about Iraq, NOT Afghanistan. Iraq had nothing to do with 911. How about working with other countries to better this planet with their cooperation instead of being a loose cannon?

Nothing to do with 911?

This response submitted by wetnwild on 01/15/2004. ( ) 24.128.109.191

This is where the liberal media has ya fooled. there has been a direct link proven that Mohammed atta was training and spent 45 days in IRAQ. Remember him? And as far as false pretensee, the liberal media also has not printed the fact that we HAVE FOUND WMD just this week. Over 200 cannisters of blistering agent ready to lock and load. It is funny that the New York times, and the rest of the liberal papers have not printed it, or you will find it on the last page near the used car section. Give me a break!

Blistering agents AKA mustard gas are WMD?

This response submitted by Third party LOL on 01/15/2004. ( ) 63.115.128.183

Wasn't that used in WWI? I'm sure glad he didn't fire that high tech stuff at us across the sea with his missles that couldn't reach us. LMAO

Direct link to Alqueda? Dream on, you're all wet W&W. No links proven. Even Colin Powell said that recently. Want the news source?
I can prove it. You're a little behind the times in your news watching.

Here's a link to go to for the AMS (American Meteorogical Society) view on global warming. Educate yourself please. http://www.ametsoc.org/policy/climatechangeresearch_2003.html

BTW, even the Bush administration has accepted Global warming now. They just don't want to spend any money on it, but want to go the moon and mars instead.

Speaking of Mohammed Atta and Liberals

This response submitted by Randy on 01/15/2004. ( ) 198.107.240.52

Hey Wetnwild, Since the topic of this question is a little off track I will take it further. It seems quite ironic that the weather is such a liberal topic. Liberals very rarley use real science, they prefur emotion to perswade their blind followers. Did you know that when the vast majority of enviormental scientists were surveyed only 17% thought that global warming was real. That means that 83% of them did not believe in global warming. This is one part of the story that the libeals are not telling you. Also our most liberal president of all time, Bill Clinton. As part of the 1993 Oslo agreement Israel had to relese political prisoners. Who was the major force behind forcing Isreal to release these bad Palestinians? You guessed it Bill Clinton. Guess who was one of the released prisoners due to Bill clinton and Warren Christophers political pressure on Israel? You guessed it Mohammed Atta. One more bit, who was on board the plane that flew into the WTC tower one on 9-11? Yes you guessed it Mohammad Atta. So, here is to what those liberals are giving us, Bull órap. Due to the wisdom of the liberal presence the sky is not falling it is the buildings in NYC!

Randy!

This response submitted by wetnwild on 01/15/2004. ( ) 24.128.109.191

Good point! Gald somebody has their facts straight. Also did you know that a secret document no longer classified has come to public light. It is an executive order signed by Bill Clinton in his last days of office stating that the US will not retaliate in a nuclear launch against us till the first nuke hits. Only after damage assessment has been calculated do we have the order to launch against it? This is a fact and can be found out through the freedom of information act. I am sure Dave Toms can shed more light on this. Talk about absolute stupidity of the liberal head-honcho. I guess when the first salvo from a crazy dictator who sends about 10 ICBM's at us hits and all the damage assessment is done, it will make sense to retaliate? Whos is gonna give the order? Come on liberals, get your head out of your ass

Show us where to go to read this

This response submitted by Dale (third party) on 01/15/2004. ( ) 63.115.128.183

I want a source and a site. Not something you take for fact from some right wing pundant just because he says so. The National Enquirer doesn't count.

I see you've moved beyond the mustard gas and absolute link of Alqueda with Iraq. Must not have been too sure of your facts eh?

Just remember: When Clinton lied no troops died.

WMD have NOT been Found

This response submitted by Steve on 01/15/2004. ( ) 209.122.229.242

It has been announced that WMDs have NOT been found in Iraq. The shells found are leftovers from the war they had with Iran. They are NOT the WMD's that bush lied to the country and world about. Im so glad that the hostilities are over. The number of Amrican GIs killed is nearing 500, there are more attacks everyday. Are we that much safer because Saddam Hussain has been captured? And how about O'Neils account of why we are in Iraq. Im sure you will say its just sour grapes, but if anyone had access to that kind of info, it sure would have been him. Do you think that they didnt allow him into any meetings and kept him in the dark about every dealing going on? Take your head out of the sand, or wherever else you keep it :-0. Im so tired of this "liberal media " garbage. liberals are bad...waaa waaa....How about stopping the childish name calling...democraps...liberal media....come on...speak like an adult. And now shrub is saying that President Clinton also had an anti iraq agenda..well..at least he didnt manufacture evidence and lie to the world and invade a country under false pretense. You whine that President Clinton had sex with an intern...well..Id rather have the pres getting some oral instead of ruining the environment, getting our GIs killed and lining the pockets of his buddies. Why wont this admin sign the war anti-profitering act? Every pres in history has signed such a document when we have had a war, but for some reason this one wont. Why do you think that is? Why when we have a budget deficit that is soaring to record breaking amounts, why is he cutting taxes for the rich? Why wont he sign new environmental laws and programs. If the terrorists are from these middle eastern countries that we buy so much oil and gas from, why then doesnt he fund research into more efficient vehicles and renewable sources of energy so that we can buy less oil and have less to do with these countries? If oil became less important because of alternative fuels, than we could weaken them beyond anything that we are doing now. We wouldnt be fighting wars beacuse of oil.

Check out google search for update on mustard gas

This response submitted by John C on 01/15/2004. ( ) 66.233.157.155

Yes Mustard gas is a WMD, look how many it harmed and killed in WW I.
Now do the search and you will come up with not less that 11 web posting by news agencies, also check NBC.

You are kidding aren't you Mr. C?

This response submitted by Dale on 01/15/2004. ( ) 63.115.128.183

You're comparing here and now to WWI? Even the Bush administration knows enough not to make a big deal out of the mustard gas. Probably not even usable.

"Most were wrapped in plastic bags, and some were leaking," Brigadier General Mark Kimmitt told a news conference, adding that it was likely the weapons were left over from the Iran-Iraq war.

The U.S. administration had cited the threat of illicit weapons of mass destruction as a principle reason for launching war on Iraq in March last year. But no such weapons were found.

The United States earlier this month pulled out from Iraq a 400-member military team specializing in the disposal of weapons of mass destruction, in what the New York Times said was "a sign that administration might have lowered its sights" and viewed it as less likely that such weapons would be found."

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tm..._chemicals_dc_5

Randy, close but no cigar!

This response submitted by Dale on 01/15/2004. ( ) 63.115.128.183

Quote from Randy:

"Also our most liberal president of all time, Bill Clinton. As part of the 1993 Oslo agreement Israel had to relese political prisoners. Who was the major force behind forcing Isreal to release these bad Palestinians? You guessed it Bill Clinton. Guess who was one of the released prisoners due to Bill clinton and Warren Christophers political pressure on Israel? You guessed it Mohammed Atta. One more bit, who was on board the plane that flew into the WTC tower one on 9-11? Yes you guessed it Mohammad Atta."

Sorry Bub. It was not the same Mohammed Otta. Both the the first and last name here are very common in the middle east. Kind of like Steven Jones here in the U.S. LOL

Here's a source and explanation that shows how REAL journalism works:

http://www.snopes.com/rumors/atta.htm

Keep it comin' I've got a shovel!

WMDs Found

This response submitted by Steve on 01/15/2004. ( ) 207.38.186.119

They said that they found a large number of big rocks in Iraq. Do you know how many people have been killed by having rocks falling on them? Not counting people hurt by having a rock thrown at them, lots of things have been destroyed by rocks.. Tons of people and objects since the caveman. If those arent weapons of mass destruction, then what is?

Dale, you're an idiot

This response submitted by George on 01/15/2004. ( georoof@aol.com ) 152.163.252.165

"When Clinton lied, no troops died"? Want to tell that to the families of the Khobar Towers, or the embassies, or maybe the families of the USS Cole. Those people didn't even GET a fighting chance to protect themselves. You'd be closer if you said "When Clinton Lied, Camels died." I think he took out a few of them and some aspirin factories, and maybe one or two Chinese embassy workers.

Your reputation precedes you Mr. Roof

This response submitted by Dale on 01/16/2004. ( ) 63.115.128.183

I was forewarned your method of response is to insult. And you haven't disappointed. Just calling me an idiot and squawking about how Clinton lied on this and that is not very impressive. Exactly what did he lie about? Could you elaborate?

You wouldn't last a second on other sites as your name calling approach would not be tolerated. They'd throw you off the site and rightly so. I am not impressed in the slightest.

Thats why this site is so GREAT

This response submitted by Paul I on 01/16/2004. ( paulblastoatyahoo.com ) 209.210.35.178

Dale thats why this site is so great and why your here posting now.Guys like George are easy to understand and they speak their mind.They are the site!If you want nice people find one of the other sites that have three or four members who hate these guys and you can all bitch about them all day.

Oh, Dale, I'm impressed with YOU

This response submitted by George on 01/16/2004. ( ) 64.12.96.107

And to use YOUR analogy, you keep being stupid, you won't last a second on THIS site.

You want "lies". How about "I did not have sex with that woman"? Or maybe it was "What is your definition of 'is'?" Or then there was the statement after Khobar "We will hunt these terrorists down no matter where they are." Even simpler for you maybe is "We had a great day hunting ducks on the Chesapeake. I had my own rifle."

I can tell you have now military experience or there'd be thousands of lies you'd already know about. How about turning US Army operations over to the UN and selling 18 servicemen to hell in Somalia when backup support was refused.

How any true American can set up an icon of such a reprehensible liar who was only one of two Presidents actually impeached is beyond my mental capabilities. At least Andrew Johnson had the legitimate excuse of being impeached for not wanting General Sherman to burn down the South. Clinton was impeached for not wanting to burn that satin dress. He was DISBARRED for having committed perjury. You DO know what perjury is, don't you? In legal circles, they call it LYING UNDER OATH.

Clinton's efforts against Terrorism were blocked by Repubs

This response submitted by Dale on 01/16/2004. ( ) 63.115.128.188

Dear Mr. Roof,

I asked you specific questions about Clinton lying about the Khobar Towers,the embassies,and the families of the USS Cole. You went off on a tangent. I'm still waiting.

I will cut and paste only part of this past news release, and give you the URL, although I am sure you will pooh pooh it without any specific credible references. Please try to sound intelligent, not resort to name calling, and site credible references if that is not too much trouble.

Republicans Watered Down 1996 Clinton
Anti-Terrorism Bill, Thanks to Lott & Hatch

7-30-1996, WASHINGTON (CNN) -- President Clinton urged Congress Tuesday to act swiftly in developing anti-terrorism legislation before its August recess.

"We need to keep this country together right now. We need to focus on this terrorism issue," Clinton said during a White House news conference.

But while the president pushed for quick legislation, Republican lawmakers hardened their stance against some of the proposed anti-terrorism measures.

Senate Majority Leader Trent Lott, R-Mississippi, doubted that the Senate would rush to action before they recess this weekend. The Senate needs to study all the options, he said, and trying to get it done in the next three days would be tough.

One key GOP senator was more critical, calling a proposed study of chemical markers in explosives "a phony issue."

Taggants value disputed

Clinton said he knew there was Republican opposition to his proposal on explosive taggants, but it should not be allowed to block the provisions on which both parties agree.

"What I urge them to do is to be explicit about their disagreement, but don't let it overcome the areas of agreement," he said.

The president emphasized coming to terms on specific areas of disagreement would help move the legislation along. The president stressed it's important to get the legislation out before the weekend's recess, especially following the bombing of Centennial Olympic Park and the crash of TWA Flight 800.

"The most important thing right now is that they get the best, strongest bill they can out -- that they give us as much help as they can," he said.

Hatch blasts 'phony' issues

Republican leaders earlier met with White House Chief of Staff Leon Panetta for about an hour in response to the president's call for "the very best ideas" for fighting terrorism.

Sen. Orrin Hatch, R-Utah, chairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee, emerged from the meeting and said, "These are very controversial provisions that the White House wants. Some they're not going to get."

Hatch called Clinton's proposed study of taggants -- chemical markers in explosives that could help track terrorists -- "a phony issue."

"If they want to, they can study the thing" already, Hatch asserted. He also said he had some problems with the president's proposals to expand wiretapping.

Senate Minority Leader Tom Daschle, D-South Dakota, said it is a mistake if Congress leaves town without addressing anti-terrorism legislation. Daschle is expected to hold a special meeting on the matter Wednesday with Congressional leaders.

Continued at the following URL:

http://www.angelfire.com/rant/sstewert/News/clintonbill.html

And Mr. Roof, I do not defend Clinton's reprehensible acts. However, if many of the republicans at the time were more focused on the task at hand, rather than a partisan witch hunt against the Clintons, we may not even have seen 9/11. We could have had more clues as our investigative bureaus would not have had their hands so tied. Both sides of the aisle are to blame for the complacency and incompetence prior to 9/11. To blame everything on one president is sheer blindness.

I don't expect you to see that, but at least we can have discourse on a civilised level can we not?

I do have military experience and would serve my country proudly if asked to serve again. I also support our troops whereever they are, and what their mission is. I do question our leaders from time to time but that is my right.

BTW, if you come back with the old "CNN is nothing but a left wing oriented network" I will be very disappointed. You are free to site any sources you can find to dispute my response. I await your response.

Just like a liberal puke, cut and paste.

This response submitted by George on 01/16/2004. ( ) 152.163.252.165

You GET an answer, but it's not a "good enough" answer. And speaking of tangents, you'd make a trigonometry teachers head spin. "EXPLOSIVE TAGGARTS", there's perfect Clinton anti-gun antihunting logic. If you had more than a pea for a brain, you'd know that would have only applied to GUNPOWDER manufactured in the UNITED STATES. Taggarts WAS a phoney inclusion. WMD's were the big topic of Ted Kennedy and the rest of your heartthrobs until GW finally showed the testicular fortitude to do something besides swallow a microphone (or was that a cigar). Now, the knew there weren't any all along, huh? Right, and I believe in the Easter Bunny. You don't NEED a witch hunt when all the brooms are parked by the White House doors. And next time you're tempted to cut and paste, at least have the sensibilities to avoid the liberal tripe wallows of CNN, the NY Times, and the LA Times. But then again, you probably didn't bother to see who hosted your cherished site as most liberals are content to be force fed ideas since they are incapable of independant thought. Go over to Fox and see what the other side thought. Someplace in the middle you're likely to find the truth, but it certainly won't be from Peter Arnett's network of choice.

Didn't expect much and didn't get it

I guess you just have to consider the source. Just and opinionated blowhard (whoops you got me -- I resorted to name calling LOL) that can't back up his opinions. What a waste of time.

LOL

This response submitted by George on 01/16/2004. ( ) 205.188.208.134

That last sentence is the only thing you've contributed so far that's been close to being correct.

Get Real Liberals!

This response submitted by JFrank on 01/16/2004. ( ) 66.245.25.39

Listen, first, there is no question that Saddam had to be eliminated. These are facts that have been reported by the even the liberal media in the past: He has used WMDs in the past, attempted an assanation on Bush #1, killed hundreds of thousands of civilians that opposed him, used extreme torture, funded and supported terrorist groups and even had a gutted out commercial jet that was used to train terrorists. He invaded Kuwait and did ordered unspeakable crimes on the Kuwaties. I was in the first Gulf War, many of my freinds have died and many others are very sick, no one will admit that we were attacked with chemical weapons because it is being covered up, even though our chemical alarms sounded.
Second, our troops are over there doing their job to protect you! They are doing it proudly! They have a mission and are fighting for freedom. Don't you remember anything about American History? Ask them how they think things are going in Iraq instead of hearing it from some jerk liberal newsman from Canada, i.e. Peter Jennings! During the American Revolution, many foriegn troops died helping us obtain our own freedom. If we don't do this in return, then where would the world be today? Take another history lesson, the whole world sat around and left Hitler alone while he invaded the countries of Europe, "awe, he'll never do anything to us" Well, if we would have taken action sooner, WWII probrably never would've started. Hussein and his dead sons had the same thing in mind. This is about changing the face of the middle east, the most dangerous, terrorist producing region of the world! We've got to plant the seed of freedom there so it can spread. Pres Bush told us from the get go that this war on terror would be very very long. You liberals just don't get it, freedom don't come free, and you can't keep it without defending it. It don't matter if he had WMDs or not, all that matters is that we got him. Another thing, Ted Kennedy and his liberal buddies were crying that a war on Iraq would produce tens of thousands of dead American Soldiers, what happened? Those little bombings going on over there are mostly not even from Iraqi's, they are from crazies coming from Syria, Saudi, Palestine, and other countries around Iraq. There are still nazi's in Germany too, by the way. Get real, quit your crying, support our troops. Clinton did absolutely nothing when the 1st Trade Center bombing, nothing when the USS Cole was bombed, nothing when the embassies were bombed. Oh Wait, he did lob some tomohawks into empty targets the day he testified in the Monica thing just to get the attention off of the trial, remember?

Left overs from the Iran war.

This response submitted by JOhn c on 01/16/2004. ( ) 66.233.157.155

Hell then we are still shooting left overs from WW II. Yea its true.

So you have a idiot for a leader and WMD, could they not have been used to harm mass numbers of people?

How to hell do you have a left over from one war and it not be possibly used in another? We Did!

There is nosuch thing as leftover ammo. as long as it is in the ARSENAL its possible to use it.

We still have nukes, duh! They are left over.

Blah Blah Blah

What a bunch of ranting and raving blind followers without any verification.

B O R I N G!

This one's for you, JFrank

This response submitted by George on 01/16/2004. ( ) 152.163.252.165

Thank you. From the bottom of my heart, thanks for carrying the sword. God Bless.

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu