Got my new 2004-5 Yellowbook , yellow pages today.

Submitted by Richard C on 01/15/2004. ( ) 65.229.154.17

For the greater Boston area whitch includes 28 cities plus Boston proper. It's 2 1/2 inches thick,1408 yellow pages and 403 black and white business listing pages for a grand total of 1811 pages. There are 3, yes three Taxidermists listings. Two (2) are the same guy and his address AND phone number are INCORRECT. That leaves ONE taxidermist in the book and he is a retired fireman.
So all you guys and gals crying about ALL the Taxidermists in your area and not getting enough work , GO EAST young men and women.
There is also NO repo fish taxidermist here anymore.

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu

Richard!

This response submitted by Bill Yox on 01/15/2004. ( ) 152.163.252.193

Is Totowa, NJ east enough? George Dante does great repro fish!

Wait a Minute

This response submitted by Tenbears on 01/15/2004. ( ) 152.163.252.193

It's Massachusetts. There are 3 in the greater Boston area. 3 in the Concord area, 3 in the Marlboro area, three in the Worcester area 3 in Leominster, 3 in Fitchburg, 3 in Shirley, 3 in Gardner, 3 in Winchendon, 3 in Ludlow, 3 in Springfield, 3 in Holyoke, 3 in Westfield, 3 in Pitsfield. That's 39 Taxidermists In a state no bigger than the county I live in. LOL All in fun!

Hey Bill

This response submitted by George on 01/16/2004. ( georoof@aol.com ) 205.188.209.16

How did Massachusetts get that close to New Jersey. My Atlas must be messed up.

tenbears

This response submitted by Richard C on 01/16/2004. ( ) 65.229.154.78

Where did you get get those numbers ? That Boston area has at least 3 million people. There are more homeless people living under bridges , in train tunnels and in boxes on heat venting grates than you probably have in all your county. Where you from ?
Thr taxidermist in Lee near Pittsfield just died, one on the other (south) side of Boston just bailed with everyones stuff, capes, skins, antlers, horns , frozen specimens and deposits, not to be found.

Richard

This response submitted by Tenbears on 01/16/2004. ( ) 64.12.96.45

I got those numbers off the top of my head. Just made them up. It was ment as a joke. I do know that when I was in Shirley, There were not many deer that came in each season. but that was a life time ago.

Yup I'm from mass and its pretty scarce

This response submitted by SeaBass on 01/16/2004. ( bassluongo@comcast.net ) 24.91.108.111

I think its due to the preponderance of liberals....I don't mean to offend anyone, but i think its the truth...if you go to "taxidermists webpages" You'll find there are a few in Mass...of course one of the links doesn't work...lol, hes working on that i believe...I was happy to find a taxidermist near me in Littleton, MA. Anyone else from around here?
SeaBass

Tenbears, did you live in Shirley?

This response submitted by Cecil on 01/16/2004. ( ) 63.115.128.188

I used to live within five miles of Shirley as a kid when my dad was in the military. I fished Shirley reservoir a few times too. I have a friend in Ayer by the name of Gregg Kendall that knew a taxidermist in the area -- maybe it was you?

Geo

This response submitted by Bill Yox on 01/16/2004. ( ) 152.163.252.193

Richard mentioned east, and I wanted to give George Dante the shameless plug. Now beat it, will ya? Im trying to do business over here already!

Tenbears + SeaBass

This response submitted by Richard C on 01/16/2004. ( ) 65.227.248.230

I didn't know you were making a joke , sorry .
There are a lot of deer around eastern Mass now. They are even in the suburbs and edges of the cities. There was a 5 point in the city I live , a photo was in the paper. In Carlile , Ma , (near Shirley)some of those million dollar houses have deer proof fences to keep the deer from eating the expensive landscaping. Turkeys also are everywhere, there the new pest species.
SeaBass, don't worry it's OK to offend liberals , they offend me by just breathing. Hope to see you at the CAT show in Cromwell , CT in the spring.

I hear ya on the deer

This response submitted by SeaBass on 01/29/2004. ( bassluongo@comcast.net ) 24.91.108.111

In acton, where I live, the deer are shy enough that they just stare at you on the side of the road, and yes, most people around here are more interested in keeping them off their lawns...lol (I'm right near carlisle, btw) I hope to be at the Conn show, never been to one, I'm brand new to this taxidermy stuff.
SeaBass

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu