All we need Is one forum

Submitted by las on 01/16/2004. ( ) 64.201.200.238

Maybe everyone should throw there money In
on this taxidermy.net forum and make It even better
Like the old saying goes all you need Is one?

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu

who gets rich-many taxidermy forums

This response submitted by las on 01/16/2004. ( ) 64.201.200.238

The people that set them up are the ones that make money
but that Is not whats needed..I say just one with some rules
that everyone can swallow?

I like this forum

This response submitted by Jane Kelly on 01/16/2004. ( ) 64.12.96.136

whats wrong with the one we have? Maybe occasionally we get a few bad apples, but for the most part we get good advice! I don't think we need to change it. If you want it to be different- go find one that is!

I never said change It?

Why can't you read properly..Is that what I said?

Las

This response submitted by Coot on 01/16/2004. ( skygun1@juno.com ) 63.149.216.42

If you could change this forum and "make it even better" as you said, what would you change ? And what kind of money are we talking? Im just a poor little taxidermist who enjoys his FREE forum . I say if it aint broke....well ...you know the rest...Have a good weekend

I'm sorry Las

This response submitted by Superpig on 01/16/2004. ( ) 198.81.26.46

but you are starting to get seriously on my nerves. Most of your posts make no sense.

They do make sense

For those who have wisdom..they'll see threw the foolishness
of all these taxidermy forums we have..they don't fool me for a moment
lucky to get hit once In every two wks?Whats the purpose

las, I'm trying very hard to listen to Tenbears

This response submitted by George on 01/16/2004. ( georoof@aol.com ) 205.188.209.12

But I only have one nerve left and you're perilously close to getting it. I you don't like this site, why don't you find someplace else to voice your nonsense? If Ken Edwards charge a single nickle for every one of the posts that have appeared here, do you realize he would be a millionaire several times over. BUT HE DOESN'T and he even allows people to come on here and advertise for companies other than the one he owns. How would YOU handle that. Since WASCO pays for this site, there'd be no Van Dykes, McKenzie, Research, Rittel, Epo-Grip, and hundreds of other products mentioned here. You need to go back and watch Forrest Gump again.

Small Time Taxidermist

This response submitted by Jason on 01/16/2004. ( jkidd278@yahoo.com ) 65.143.237.36

I have recently started doing taxidermy work on the side. I am a fulltime firefighter and I love my job, but the money just isn't there. I have been to several area taxidermists to learn more and they always charged me at least 10 dollars per hour to learn. Now don't get me wrong, what I learned was well worth the charge and I learned alot. But being small time I cannot afford much of this learning, and I am trying to put out the best work possible. So I turn to these forums almost every night in my pursuit of perfection. These taxidermists on this forum are wonderful, and I have learned more on these forums than I have from paying someone. Sure there are arguments sometimes and a few bad apples but if you don't want to hear what they have got to say then simply don't read it and go to the next post. And to all the taxidermists and to everyone else who make this thing happen and have time to listen to some of our sometimes simple questions, Thank you very much and keep up the good work.In my eyes you are all great people. And to Ken, I am so thankful for this site. You can't imagine how much I've learned from here. God bless you.

Who Is the forum administrator?

George are you the forum administrator
If Ken Is the forum administrator then I
think he should moderate the forums more
so then what I can see going on?just a few zapping It all up?
Wrong

jason

This response submitted by wilson on 01/16/2004. ( ) 198.81.26.46

Am i in la-la land ,but doesn't a fulltime firerman make 55-75,000 a year WITH bennies?

This site is great but hands on is better and if someone will show you how to do anything in their shop for 10 an hr.[wow] thats a deal.

George

you Indicated that How would I handle the other folks that come on board looking for advertising?
Obviously I haven't been given that chance?have I
My question Is I want to hear from Ken only who all the forum
administrators are?

Ken is the ONLY FORUM ADMIN.

This response submitted by John C on 01/16/2004. ( ) 66.233.157.155

WASCO wholly owns this site, noone else. Ken is the only person who is allowed to delete certian post. and he does.

He has several QUALITIES that make him a GREAT FORUM ADMIN.

He lets you post questions that have been covered hundreds of times.

He will leave the post totally alone if its not vulgar and you sign your name to it. (I have to say I would have deleted a lot of things)

Even with some og the things las. you post he leaves them.

He does allow people to argue things out on here.

Even allows methods that are not current hi-tech to be posted.

Few people use anyother taxidermy forum for these reasons.

If you dont like the way Ken runs HIS FORUM, well you know where the door is. You can go hide in those private highly meadiated rooms. They are not true forums.

See Websters for the definition.

I have seen many forums disappear because of the way they are ran.
Hum this one is still here and free!

Somethings to think about.

Damn, Wilson...

This response submitted by Lance H on 01/16/2004. ( ) 63.147.130.32

Where do you live? I spent 13 years fulltime in EMS and the Fire Service and left there at under 30,000 a year for greener pastures. Every FT firefighter I know (and I know a lot of 'em) spends his or her day off doing at least one other job, usually roofing or construction, just to make ends meet. The guy has paid a compliment and you're publicly challenging his profession and his choices in life.

Jason, you're right. There are a lot of very selfless and generous people here who give of themselves and their time for the benefit of the industry. All of us have enjoyed and benefited from what they've brought to the table. Sadly, there are those who don't pass it on. I can credit John C for moving me along. He invited me to his shop, we did a deer together, and in doing so, he cut ten years off my learning cure. Wouldn't take a dime from me for doing it, either. What a guy. I had a young guy call me this year and express an interest in seeing how it's done because he "just wants to do his own stuff." No problem. I showed him how to cape and split a deer out right. He'll be back to see how the mounting and finishing is done. He asked me why I was willing to show him for nothing when no one else he'd talked to was. Simple. It was a favor shown to me, and I feel obligated to pass it along. So, I am. I'm no hero and want no pats on the back. I'm just doing for someone else what was once done for me.

As far as the board's features and consolidating boards, why? This board has everything you need for every facet of taxidermy and it's all as close as the search button. Yeah, there are a few things I'd like to see, like being able to post pics. But, that would require huge volumes of server space and it's just as easy to link to any of the many sharing sites on the web. And any other wishes I might have can be explained just as logically when you put a little thought into it. There are certainly much worse places out there.

Everybodys getting on pigs nerves

This response submitted by Bill Smith on 01/16/2004. ( bsmith@aol.com ) 208.3.188.73

Maybe pig you should take a break from your computer for a long while since everybody is getting on your nerves.I bet I will still be able to sleep without hearing from you everyday?

lance

Lance,
sorry but you were under paid and I did say with bennies,no one seems to count
them as pay; I do.
Now for you or anyone else that THINKS LESSONS ARE FREE HAHA
i;v seen johns ad. For teaching someone to do a dear head; it shu in the hell wasn't free or cheep, look it up. You were lucky.

What I said that $10 an HR for a taxidermy lesson was a good deal.
Lance I was not publicly challenging his profession and his choices in life only him AND YOU for underestimating the benefit of a hands on lesson in taxidermy. for some reason you don't think its worth anything.

Superp[g

This response submitted by john on 01/16/2004. ( ) 66.190.41.56

I could'nt agree with you more. On the main subject, the way the forums are now is FINE, don't mess with it. A very big thank you to Ken, George, John C, etc... John

Wilson

This response submitted by Jason on 01/16/2004. ( jkidd278@yahoo.com ) 65.143.236.68

I could only wish I made 50,000 per year. Cut that in half and you will have what I make. Now you understand why I can't afford to have much hands on training. As far as benefits, I do count them as money, that is one reason I am not complaining about my pay, we have pretty good benefits. That is also the reason I will be doing taxidermy part time, so I can keep those benefits. It is a wonderful scenario actually, working at two jobs that I love doing and having benefits. It's great.

jason

Well i am in la-la land, and to think a Firerman is what i wanted to do when i grew up.

LOL

This response submitted by Jason on 01/16/2004. ( jkidd278@yahoo.com ) 65.143.236.68

I say the same thing to myself on the days I am at the firehouse. But really, as far as the taxidermists that helped me at 10 dollars per hour, I thought that was cheap also and am thankful for them spending their time.

Las

This response submitted by Coyote on 01/17/2004. ( coyote@wideopenwest.com ) 69.14.140.92

If your so worried about the way this forum is run. Then Leave, and since you have all these great ideas on taxidermy, and how to do it. I really think you should start your own forum. You can then be the administrator, and run it the way you think. You could have the regestration everyone seems to want, and you can put up all the picture you want. You'll be the BIG MAN then.Please I've heard all I want about how you should do things. Give it up already!

Coyote

thanks for the advise

This response submitted by las on 01/17/2004. ( ) 64.201.200.238

Good advise I'll take It

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu